Wildcat Springs Open- PDGA B-Tier-Sept 1st 2012 IL/IA Event

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Nitsud » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 pm

I hate to miss this event, seeing as I've been coming the last 3 years and camping beforehand. I will unfortunately be in Minnesota for the weekend. Good luck to all the Iron Lion team members!
I play the game, but I don't keep score. I can't win or lose.
Nitsud

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Dana wrote:few years back if you planned on playing in IL, you needed to pre-reg or show up real early. now....

hope someday to make it back to hamilton, love that place. wish it wasn't the same day as northwoods. good luck this weekend!

Ive never been denied entry to an Illinois event. Ever. Just saying. Thanks Dana.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Ive never been denied entry to an Illinois event. Ever. Just saying. Thanks Dana.

We had to turn people away at our big event last year at Morton where we had 105 people pre-registered 10 days before the event. They weren't happy but you can't do six-somes!

I hope the event goes well.....Hamilton is an awesome course.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Ledgestone Insurance wrote:

We had to turn people away at our big event last year at Morton where we had 105 people pre-registered 10 days before the event. They weren't happy but you can't do six-somes!

I hope the event goes well.....Hamilton is an awesome course.

Of course you did. Seems like your turning people away every weekend according to your posts. Although I can believe it for the big Peoria event, and thats the way it should be. Its the biggest event in the state.

I guess I should have been more clear.. I was reminded that I turned people away years ago in Geneseo because I ran out of temp baskets and couldnt make more holes.
If I had 105 people preregister 10 days ahead of the event, I woulve used better planning and brought on a second course, so it wouldnt have filled. Most everyone else in Illinois splits thier fields on Saturday and Sunday so its hard to fill an event. And there really wasnt multiple events in the past on the same weekend. People used to respect other peoples efforts. I run events on Sundays, which doesnt seem to conflict. In this case its different, but Wildcat was a tourney before we got involved with it, and Roger likes doing it on Saturday.

I hope the event goes well also, Roger is a great sponsor of disc golf and really shouldnt have to worry about filling a tourney using Wildcat. He gives away everything and pays all the non PDGA fees so people can come play his events at a reasonable price. All just to promote Wildcat/ Rand Park... And thanks, I hope your unsanctioned last minute event at McNaughton does well, sounds like its going to fill!

Chase20460

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Of course you did. Seems like your turning people away every weekend according to your posts. Although I can believe it for the big Peoria event, and thats the way it should be. Its the biggest event in the state.

I guess I should have been more clear.. I was reminded that I turned people away years ago in Geneseo because I ran out of temp baskets and couldnt make more holes.
If I had 105 people preregister 10 days ahead of the event, I woulve used better planning and brought on a second course, so it wouldnt have filled. Most everyone else in Illinois splits thier fields on Saturday and Sunday so its hard to fill an event. And there really wasnt multiple events in the past on the same weekend. People used to respect other peoples efforts. I run events on Sundays, which doesnt seem to conflict. In this case its different, but Wildcat was a tourney before we got involved with it, and Roger likes doing it on Saturday.

I hope the event goes well also, Roger is a great sponsor of disc golf and really shouldnt have to worry about filling a tourney using Wildcat. He gives away everything and pays all the non PDGA fees so people can come play his events at a reasonable price. All just to promote Wildcat/ Rand Park... And thanks, I hope your unsanctioned last minute event at McNaughton does well, sounds like its going to fill!

I wasn't really trying to start something. I was just wishing your event good luck. I really do hope it goes well. I really don't think we'll take any players away from your event as most of the players that will play in the McNaughton event are just the players playing for points. We will get some that just want to play McNaughton because its the only singles event at the course all year besides the A Tier...but Hamilton is really a fun course. We did have our tournament scheduled about 12 weeks ago, though, and just were late in announcing it.

As for last years event where we turned people away, I decided to do it about ten weeks before the actual tournament and it was unsanctioned. Its a lot of work to add another course and I was trying to keep it simple.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby schlabach » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Im driving down from the qc with jake and brady. got one spot in my truck if anyone wants to carpool
schlabach

Postby TreeLoveInman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Pretty sure ill be there...Hopefully that rain moves out!!
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Detra319 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 am

papparoc wrote:Roger just ordered blizard disc for the players pack.
There will be a basket throw off and rings of fire as usual after the 2nd round.

Camping on the course

The Perfect Storm II the next day at The small course. 27 holes,
Doubles bring your own partner.
11:00am registration 12:00 start last time we were done by 03:00pm
$20 per team
flighted after the 1st 18 holes then a final 9 final nine
$300 aded for a perfect score of -27 or better

Where am i driving tomorrow morning? I dunno where the short course is.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 am

Just another huge thanks to Roger and Connie! Massive prize packages, free players packs, the basket giveaway and just a awesome experiance! If you left early, you missed out! Camp Fest next year! Despite spotty conditions the tournament was a blast, and I cant wait for next year!

10th Anniversary Next Year! Dont Miss It!

Congrats to AO for plastering the field!

Thanks to Sierra Nevada for making it the best tourney Ive been to all year, and I didnt even play.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/ ... 1521576248

Chase20460

Postby Furniss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

what a great time...nice seeing everyone out there..the weather made it interesting for sure :) can't wait till next year
Furniss

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks! See You There!

Chase20460

Postby papparoc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 am

Great job again Iron LIon , Roger and Connie. Looking forward to next years 10th annaversery event. I almost had a basket. Loved the $225 ace cash.
papparoc

Postby AO » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks Roger, Connie, Bill, Chase and Jess. This was my 7th and I'll be there next year for the 10th Annual Wildcat Open. Grats to all the winners.
AO

Postby TreeLoveInman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 pm

papparoc wrote:Great job again Iron LIon , Roger and Connie. Looking forward to next years 10th annaversery event. I almost had a basket. Loved the $225 ace cash.

hahaha :) almost!! Will come in handy tomorrow for our ace race with many many great prizes including a 60inch tv and xbox 360..Come out and support a great cause and ofcourse not to take away from the awesome time I have at wildcat. A lot of hard work goes into getting everything ready and we all really appreciate everything you guys do..Thanks roger connie and family!
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Previous

Return to National Tournaments