With a little help from my friends

With a little help from my friends

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Good news everyone! I had a meeting with the IC parks supervisor at Peninsula this morning. It was really great to get him out there, acquainted with disc golf and the state of the course. Thank him if you see him!
Some things we talked about:
Hole 1. He's willing to do a prairie burn at the end of the week (cross your fingers)! Hole 15, and 11 maybe too, though not as likely.
Also, anyone know where those railroad ties came from/are for?
Hole 2. He wants to mulch the pathway to 2's pad. Also talked about closing down the pathway from short pin of 1 to pad of 2 due to mud and erosion, and creating a new path right next to it. I think we should just move 1's pin to the deep spot.
He might mulch around some pins. He might even plant grass. This week! Super cool guy.
Every other hole: I'm working on getting equipment donated for a days use. A skidloader, an atv, chainsaws and whatnot. All to clean up our fairways and light rough areas of deadwood. Theres some downed trees in the fairways we need to move around. I was given great advice and a green light from the parks and rec super, and am now writing up a proposal to get that equip donation.

When it comes down to it, I'm looking at a Saturday in early April? I'll need help. Lots of lifting and cutting to do. The more help I have is the more we can get done. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell rec players you see out there. I'm even asking the local Boy Scout troop if they would like to help. If ever you've claimed Peninsula to be perilous, you'll soon have a chance to do something about it.
Buzzz Killington

Postby jnecessary » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Glad to see you taking initiative, but I hope you are bouncing ideas off of the people that built and have maintained Peninsula over the years.

What happened to no burning at the Pen?

Stibal and I hauled the ties there. Never decided on what they will be used for, either protecting teepads that need it or building features.

Either way, say when and I'll try to help.
jnecessary

Postby Buzzz Killington » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm

You know I love you baby...

This just kinda fell in my lap when Stibal asked for a skidsteer out there. Red tape is what I gotta lotta. Sorry if you feel left out! Lets get together for a beers! There's lots of details to sort out, and I'm still a ways out from being green-lit. Jeff gets back this weekend and will be up in the mix soon.
Buzzz Killington

Postby jnecessary » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 am

[quote="Buzzz Killington"]You know I love you baby...

This just kinda fell in my lap when Stibal asked for a skidsteer out there. Red tape is what I gotta lotta. Sorry if you feel left out! Lets get together for a beers! There's lots of details to sort out, and I'm still a ways out from being green-lit. Jeff gets back this weekend and will be up in the mix soon.[/quote
oh not me. I don't know if I'll have much time to be much help out there this year but will when I can. I was thinking more about stibs and harper who have something of a relationship with the city already
Do work. Beer sounds good though.
jnecessary

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park