focus and nuke are out!

All Discraft product discussion

focus and nuke are out!

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

memorial nukes (esp, the only plastic for nukes I believe) and both d and x plastic focus' (the ace race from this year) are out.

Is winter over yet!!!!!!!!
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Nitsud » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Is winter over yet!!!!!!!!

Is this a question or a statement?

Also, let's play West Lake soon.
I play the game, but I don't keep score. I can't win or lose.
Nitsud

Postby AO » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:15 pm

I got my Focus's the other day. Got soft X plastic as well as 1st Run D plastic which seems firm. I would like to get out and throw them but just haven't had time and the weather has not been good.
AO

Postby javy16 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Man the Focus is money. Im still not sure if i want to drop my challengers for them yet. I probly will eventually though, hopefully this new putter will get me where i need to be with my putting... haha
javy16

Postby AO » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

I threw the Focus the other day and was kind of suprised with the flight. The disc feels a little more shallow than a Challenger but has a much bigger bead. I thought the Focus was straighter than the Challenger and was expecting the opposite. Going to try and throw it some more
AO

Postby anubis080 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:32 am

I love the Pro-D Focus for putting, feels great, and comes out of the hand faster/smoother than a Challenger. I still like to use my FLX Challenger for upshots though because they are a little slower and more controllable at long distances. Might need to just grow confident with the Focus at a longer distance.

I really did not like the feel of the Soft Elite X ones though. The Soft Focus felt too smooth and was flexible. The Pro-D was chalky/grippy and firm, which is definitely what I prefer.

I do agree with AO. It almost seems as though they have more high speed stability than a Challenger, but less low speed fade.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Return to Discraft