What about a Tourney??

What about a Tourney??

Postby Big Bob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am

Is anyone planning on putting a Tournament on at Eagle Point? All the hard work those guys from the QCA put in at the park, Should deserve some sort of Tournament there....I would be willing to help. Would not even need to be a sanctioned Tourney...
Big Bob

Postby IHearChains » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 pm

I'd pay an entry fee.
IHearChains

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:36 pm

If you build it, they will come.

If you sit around and wait for someone else to do it, it probably won't happen. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Big Bob » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

I would step up and help, but I know nothing about running a Disc Golf Tournament. I am just an old hick from the sticks. Only been playing for about 4 yrs, and have only played about 8 tourneys. I already run the USPSA Handgun/3-Gun matches at our club. So that eats up alot of my extra time.... I would have thought someone from the Clinton area would have got a league or tourney started. In the end if I did try to do some sort of tourny it would have to be Non-Sanctioned event, because i am not a certified TD. And I know alot of players only like to play sanctioned events to help with their ratings and points.
Big Bob

Postby KePP » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm

As of this year, I officially prefer to play in non-sanctioned events. The PDGA charges me $10 to play in a sanctioned event if I haven't paid them $50 for the year. No thanks. I'd rather put that $10-$50 toward a good cause type of event.

The group of people responsible for putting in this course were ready to move on to other things prior to even starting this project. Getting Eagle Point installed was really a final push. Plus, most the people (except Tim of FADE Gear) are from the QC, where we already have enough courses to keep up with. We got the course put in and left hoping that some locals would take it under their wing.
KePP

Return to Clinton - Eagle Point Park