what is the best disc golf basket

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

what is the best disc golf basket

Postby ruddsky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 pm

mach 3 vs discatcher pro?
ruddsky

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 pm

The Mach III much better than the Discatcher in my opinion. The Discatcher does catch better and has a deeper basket then the Mach III, however they weather very fast. I have seen courses that have Discatcher and they are rusted and fading of the yellow band occurs in less than a year. The quality of the Mach II is far superior. However there are others out there. The Mach V has a much better chain configuration than the Mach III as does the Discraft Chainstar. IMO they are two of the better baskets on the market. The only real difference in the two is the depth of the catching area. The Chainstar has a low hanging chain configuration much like the Discatcher. As you can see below the Mach V comes more to a point at the basket. The best catching basket on the market is the Gateway Titan; however they are not cheap and not readily available. The chain holder construction is also much weaker than the rest. Overall I recommend the Discraft Chainstar.

Discatcher- 3 layer chain configuration

Mach III - 2 layer chain configuration which you can see the gaps in the outer edges that cause spit outs more frequently than on other baskets.

Discraft Chainstar - similar to the Discatcher, but better quality.

Mach V - has the same 24 chains as the others, but has a unique 3 layer configuration that comes to a point at the basket.

Titan
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 am

porkchop wrote:Discraft Chainstar - similar to the Discatcher, but better quality.

This.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 am

LOL at the mini-van in the back ground. Marketing GENIUS!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:07 am

The baskets hepker makes are bad ass IMO. dont have a pic but they are whats at wildcat. love em
Abe Froman

Postby irban » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
porkchop wrote:Discraft Chainstar - similar to the Discatcher, but better quality.

This.

Like mine (as if I ever practice). Very portable too, if you reconfigure them to use a pin something like this instead of bolts... (looks like this applies to all of the designs shown here)

And of course the roller wheel is tits.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:54 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:The baskets hepker makes are bad ass IMO. dont have a pic but they are whats at wildcat. love em

Word.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Return to Ask the State Coordinator