Baskets are in!

Baskets moving back to shorts thursday 23rd

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:12 pm

If you want to play the longs you need to get out there this week ... baskets going back to shorts for thanksgiving break .... to stay in shorts over winter ...

I support this move ... so many new players starting to play in Muscatine ... they don't need to play longs ... yet ... plus so many thorns around long baskets ... less to deal with on shorts ...

enjoy :D ... I know im going to try once or twice to beat Tanners course record on longs before they get moved back to shorts .... 62 stands for now! :shock:

Im assuming my 48 still stands for shorts record .... :lol: it won't for long im sure ...
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:39 pm

what day are they going to be moved?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:04 pm

I don't know for sure ... but in an email from parks they said they would move them before thanksgiving break ... I would think the wed. before ??? but who knows ... could be the following week if they don't get around to it ....

let me know if your coming down to play longs .... would like to join in on the round if possible ... I plan on getting out there tuesday ... or wednesday ....
Harmon

Postby strokersix » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Please post as soon as you hear! I was tentatively planning to play Fuller on Friday but may reconsider if they are back in the shorts. Thanks.

Still a cool course shorts or longs. Good job!

I really want to hit the skip shot across the bridge on four. I skipped it over the other day but was too far right to make the duece.
strokersix

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:46 pm

I will take a look wed. before dark to see if they moved ...

try to post asap ....

They may just wait till next week ... but really I hope they move them back to shorts for the newbies playing over the weekend .... :D

The parks have a plan to get rid of the thorns next spring ! just found that out today ... :D yeeee hawwwwwwwwww
Harmon

Postby exhumed07 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:53 pm

where is this course? I live 10 miles from muscatine but never heard of this park. when I first heard of a park going in I though maybe at weed park. and how long are the long holes. be hard for me to throw les then 300 ft let alone 200 lol. thanks for any info.
exhumed07

Postby Harmon » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:18 pm

baskets have been moved back to shorts ...

I went out today at 4 to take a stab at the longs one more time but they were already moved ... which is good for our new players and youth ...

... I did have fun tossing a 47 ..... :D
Last edited by Harmon on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harmon

Postby Harmon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 am

Hey exhumed07

course is right off Cedar st. .... @ Fuller Park .... you can see baskets from Cedar st. ... Fuller Park is right by Muscatine Power and Water ...

here is the PDGA link ....

http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2542
Harmon

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:10 am

I got a round in at Fuller on Friday with Rounds. It is surprisingly fun to play. I shot even par, and was pretty happy about it, especially being lefty. There aren't any shots there that require distance, but you better be damn accurate. I enjoyed it, and saw a bunch of the longs, and it would be considerably tougher in those placements.

The flow of the course is impressive, most of the holes in the woods are pretty isolated from the others, and I was pretty turned around by the time I got to 18 and realized we were finishing just about where we started. 18 is a cool finisher.

Fuller park is a better disc golf park for a community's first course, than Weed was, IMO. Much more room for 'just disc golf'.
GDL17921

Postby Daddy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:10 am

the course is looking good...no snow at all...

the only thing I see that could be an improovement is that you could use some "inbetween" placements....the shorts are tricky and the longs are LONG...one hole is 150 from the shorts the same hole is 300 from the longs...the 651'' hole from the long is ????able.

fun course, my oppinion is that it needs some mids. and a trim on a couple of them(just for the long tee shots) :roll:
Daddy

Postby strokersix » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:10 pm

Are the baskets currently in the shorts or longs?
strokersix

Postby Harmon » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:43 am

They are in shorts now ...

I have told parks that they need to rotate to prevent errosion issues ... so Im hoping at least half will be moved to longs soon ... then rotate back and forth so at least half are always long and half short ...

don't know for sure if this will happen ....

Ill post here if I see any changes ....
Harmon

Previous

Return to Muscatine - Fuller Park