Fence Possibility?

Fence Possibility?

Postby Roughknite » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Is there anyone who has spare posts/fencing material? Every single day I see people parked on hole 1's tee, every single day I go. And the worst part about it is, when the people get in their vehicle to leave, they are carrying disc golf equipment, like they don't realize that's a tee or something?? I was thinking we could sneak out at night and throw a small fence by that tee so people stop parking on it!!! Unless there is a legit way to get this done, there might be one appearing in the middle of the night someday.
Roughknite

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:15 pm

This time of year its almost impossible to play there, without having a bunch of traffic on the course. Its hot, kids will be at the pool. Its summer so there will be people on the basketball court all day. The best bet would be to talk to the city and have them install no parking signs(that lot is very small, there will always be people parked there). But it is a park first, dg course second. We have no rights :(
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:31 pm

good point tyler .. hey rough just play one from the parking lot edge its a fun hole just little longer but fun .. i understand that takes away from the course tho but ya like tyler says we have no pull in that situation we should be happy they let us put one there, actually i think they put it in ?
blkwizardsonny

Postby Discgo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:44 pm

If it's a truck parked there you should definitely tee off from in there bed.
Discgo

Postby Roughknite » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Haha, I thought about that last week when I was there, it was a truck, and it happen to belong to a father and son out disc-golfing.. I guess people are just an-aware that is a tee-pad.?
Roughknite

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

ive seen peeps prkd there when lot was avail. too lazy to walk maybe
blkwizardsonny

Postby tufluk » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 am

Could always remove a valve stem. Nothing like a flat to wake you up. Wouldn't damage tire, just be an inconvience. Not that I'd advocate vigilantism.
tufluk

Postby Discgo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 pm

If you have some scrap paper you could leave a note asking them not to park on the course. Should work 50% of the time.
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Discgo wrote:If you have some scrap paper you could leave a note asking them not to park on the course. Should work 50% of the time.
not if their eastsiders ssssssss
blkwizardsonny

Postby Trammel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:good point tyler .. hey rough just play one from the parking lot edge its a fun hole just little longer but fun .. i understand that takes away from the course tho but ya like tyler says we have no pull in that situation we should be happy they let us put one there, actually i think they put it in ?

:) I believe I was told John Latch was the person that was responsible for that course going in and it was suppose to get 3 or 4 more holes somewhere across the street , and by walking under bridge I guess to get there as long as there's no flooding.
And good luck with that parking thing I've just about came to blow's with a couple frickin ass----es that had parked on the pad.
New Theory: Worry not who or where "shoot the shot in front of U" until U are done ! &..........Then Birdies come easily and frequently!
When You see my Face ! I HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL , GIVES U HELL , GIVES U HELL
Trammel

Return to Des Moines - Crivaro Park