A course designed to torment your friends

A course designed to torment your friends

Postby FastH2O » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Really fun and challenging course! I can't imagine what was going through the course designers head when laying it out, except for "where could I place this pin to torment my friends?" There isn't an easy tee or pin placement throughout the course (#3 - 12), but if you nail your shot, instant reward. If you don't, well, I can only say the creek water is really cold this time of year! I know!

The only thing we thought really needed work was the signage. Just something to point you in the right direction would help a lot. #6 is a good example. I'd never have found it without the map from the forum. Probably also need to show where some good places to cross are. We back-tracked a lot from not knowing where to go.

I think once it's marked a little better and the course is tracked in a little more, it's one of the best courses around. It was by far the most difficult course I have played that I enjoyed every minute of the round! Great job. It's amazing what sick minds are capable of!
FastH2O

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:24 pm

All of the teepads are not poured, and some of the signs have fell victim to vandals. It is tough to navigate when you've never seen a map of the course or played with someone who's played there before.

Every time I play this course I like it more. It is a great challange to both avoid trees and get the most D out of your throw.

On Friday I took a 3 on 7 and I still feel good about that one.
Conrad 37988

Postby FastH2O » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree. Since that first visit, we've been back about 5 times this spring and it just keeps getting better. Only wish 8 had a better place to cross. It will get interesting when the leaves start coming in!
FastH2O

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I recomend a pair of Keen sandals for this course. They protect your toes and if you end up in the water it is not as bad as if you where wearing shoes. Make sure you have other uses for the sandals tho because they are gonna run in the $100 mark.

We are trying to get out there as much as possible before the plants come back. It was great on friday accually being able to see the pins from farther out.
Conrad 37988

Played alone for first time....

Postby Jackson » Mon May 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow! What a crazy adventure. I played this coarse by myself without a map for the first time on Sunday. Great day to play it but I was walking all over the place trying to find the next tee pad and the best way to cross each creek with my large disc golf bag and all. Amazing lay-out but it took up most of my afternoon and I didn't get to play a few holes because I couldn't find them.

On hole 1 I had a guy steal my putter after I threw it across the ravine and on the side of the road. He just pulled his car up slowly and put it in his car and drove off as I was screaming for him to leave it where it was. I have never seen anything like it. He never heard me or saw me was the crazy part. Maybe he will take up disc golf now.

I also had a group of punk high school kids that were "smoking" by hole 8 tell me the completely wrong way to get to the next hole so I missed 9-11.

I can't wait to try this out again with another person to spot my discs and help with navigation. I did have a few highlights in the round as I 3rd hole 4 with a huge sidearm Boss shot that faded back around the large tree and left me a 60' upshot and drop-in 3. I also had a crazy roller for a 2 on 16.

I think this will be my favorite coarse as soon as it shapes up a bit.
Jackson

Return to Boone - McHose Park