2007 Founder's Day Tournament Saturday September 8th

2007 Founder's Day Tournament Saturday September 8th

Postby Skell » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Well Northwood is having their Founder's Day Celebration on Saturday September 8th. I was asked if I would host a Disc Golf tournament that day. I was planning on doing a Singles Tournament on the 29th of September anyways. But I guess I will do it the 8th instead.

So we are having the "Founder's Day Disc Golf Tournament" on Saturday September 8th. Here is the information for it.

* It will be a singles tournament
* We will play 2 rounds of 9 holes
* Registration will be from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
* Player Meeting at 2:15 pm
* We will start the tournament at 2:30 pm
* Juniors (Ages 12 - 16) will cost $5
* Recreational will cost $8
* Intermediate will cost $10
* Advanced will cost $15
* There will be both Men & Women Divisions
* Awards Ceremony after completion of the tournament

I am gonna work hard on getting a lot of Sponsors to donate prizes or money to buy discs for prizes. So there will be a good amount of prizes. It will be a fun tournament. So ya'll better show up ya ear!
Skell

Postby Skell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, not as many people as I had hoped. We had 8 players. 5 in intermediate and 3 in recreational. Here are the results.

Intermediate:
1. Alan Cooper - 56 - $25
2. Mithell Rainey - 56 - $15
3. Mark Skellenger - 58 - $10
4. Tony Fredericks - 78
5. Brock Johnson - 80

Alan & Mitchell had to have a playoff. They started on hole 8. Both taking a 3, they moved onto hole 9 where Alan shot a 3, and Mitchell missed his 15 foot par shot, and took a 4. So Alan took first.
Brock had to leave early. He missed the last 5 holes, taking a 7 on each.

Recreational:
1. Steve Hugo - 59 - $13
2. Charlie Hugo - 60 - $8
3. Chad Stucky - 65

Thanks to everyone who showed up and played. It was a beautiful day, besides all of the mosquitos anyways.
Skell

Postby Skell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Also Rusty's from Mason City donated 2 Star Rhynos for the tournament. We did 2 rounds of "Ring of Fire" to give those away after the tournament.

Charlie won the first round
Chad won the second round

Congratulations to both of those guys for winning a nice disc!

There was an $1 ace fund also. Only 3 people had paid to get in. No one hit the ace during the round of play. So we had to have a CTP throw off. We had about a 150 foot shot to hole #9 that we did. I went first and nailed it. CHING baby! Mitchell and Alan boh had thier try but I think I kind of ruined thier confidence when I hit it first thing. Sorry guys! So I won that $3 also.
Skell

Postby calvarycoffee » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:44 pm

good job with the tourney, mark.

it's too bad none of our MC league guys made it. We pushed it pretty hard. I wasn't able to make it - busy weekend for us.

i think it was a good turn out considering it is a brand-new course in a small town . . . and with the sport being almost unheard of in rural towns.

awesome job on the ACE!!

i've still got to get up there and play it. :(
calvarycoffee

Return to Northwood - Swensrud Park