Aero Pod

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Aero Pod

Postby Conrad 37988 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:14 pm

As far as I can tell these are the best light up/night disc accessory you can get. Thing is you have to destroy a disc for them to work. Assembly means you have to drill four holes in the disc. I went with the color changing Aero Pod ($10). I think they work great. No tape to deal with is my main reason.

Use lighter discs because they add 10 grams to your disc.

With the color changing Aero Pod the clearer the disc the better for the effect that the whole disc will change color.

These are not without flaws. If you hit the bottom of the light directly on something you are likely to turn it off. Also if you thit a tree about 10 feet away from the teepad, that'll turn it off as well. Once they get cold in the less than 50 degree area they will only flash red.
Conrad 37988

Postby KePP » Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 pm

That's a sweet pic.

Notice any difference in flight pattern?
KePP

Re: Aero Pod

Postby irban » Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Conler Milrad wrote: If you hit the bottom of the light directly on something you are likely to turn it off. Also if you hit a tree about 10 feet away from the teepad, that'll turn it off as well.

This sounds like those crappy 2nd generation innova lights. Not worth the trouble frankly. Bobber lights, original innova or fix these imo.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Conrad 37988 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:03 am

I have not noticed a change from throwing the discs with the light on it. The Boss since it is 185g with the light. I can get more d out of it than the Boss without a light.

The Aero Pod has nowhere near the amount of problems the flashflight has. You have to hit the light perfectly to make it go out, or hit a tree with the full force of your throw.

The flashflight, the cold will make the light turn off easier, you drop one of them from 3 ft in the air and they go out, plus the light will fall out.
Conrad 37988

Return to The Rest