Legacy

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Legacy

Postby KVN » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 am

The debut release from the Rico bros new company Legacy is the Rampage. A very fast (14)spd large wing distance driver. I picked up a pair of unmarked prototype's from Parked in MN last wknd. They have a long top wing,sharp leading edge and no visible dome. The plastic has a flexible star like feel with excellent production quality.Very overstable and fast,I was able to stand one up flat with a stiff head wind from a hyzer that finished hyzer. Once this hits something other than grass I can imagine very long flights as it has some good glide already. Overall I like the disc.
KVN

Postby anubis080 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Had a chance to play an entire week with this disc. Very nice disc. Rim width/depth resembles that of a Nuke, just a little more sharp than it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's crazy faster than anything else out there, but it glides forever. Stiff headwind on slight hyzer: flipped flat, finished with wicked fade.

Stability is similar to a Champion Boss, but overall distance is greater when compared to it. I like this disc because it is a little more wind resistant than my Z Nukes. Where I can throw a line drive forehand with my Nuke, I can flex out a monster drive with the Rampage.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Clutch

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:03 am

I had a chance to try out the Clutch, a new putter from the Rico brothers.

The first thing I noticed was how it looks like a slimline magnet. I got about 30 putts in with them and about 20 drives as well. As a putter, it is very nice. Very straight within the circle. From outside the circle it was fairly straight too. I got out to around 40 ft. before I started to get any fade on my putts.

As a driver, it flies on whatever line you put it on. Release it with a touch of hyzer, and it flies a nice gentle gliding hyzer. Release it flat and it flies straight and finishes straight(Very little fade on the end). I threw it with anny a few times and it had a nice floaty flight. It never attempted to come out of the anny.

All in all, a pretty nice disc from the Rico brothers.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby z-man » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Stevie LOVES his magnet...so it's not surprising to me that he mimicked it for his first attempt at a putter of his own...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Re: Clutch

Postby irban » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:32 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:I had a chance to try out the Clutch, a new putter from the Rico brothers.

The first thing I noticed was how it looks like a slimline magnet. I got about 30 putts in with them and about 20 drives as well. As a putter, it is very nice. Very straight within the circle. From outside the circle it was fairly straight too. I got out to around 40 ft. before I started to get any fade on my putts.

As a driver, it flies on whatever line you put it on. Release it with a touch of hyzer, and it flies a nice gentle gliding hyzer. Release it flat and it flies straight and finishes straight(Very little fade on the end). I threw it with anny a few times and it had a nice floaty flight. It never attempted to come out of the anny.

All in all, a pretty nice disc from the Rico brothers.

Sounds like an AP Omega.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:31 pm

That's a pretty good comparison flight-wise there Irban...
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Ferch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Ferch on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Weve been selling alot of them. Both the Proto stamp and the Grinder X-Outs.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

canon

Postby RelentlessLefty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 pm

I have thrown it a couple of times, stupid fast, under stable, and super long with a tale wind. have not thrown it yet with a head wind. it reminded me alot of the fight path of the first esp nukes.....but faster!
RelentlessLefty

Cannons

Postby regularjoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 pm

I throw Icon and Pinnacle cannons. It's the first hi-speed disc that i've been able to get to work for me. Goes much further than the Rampage which is merely a turning driver for me.
The disc is a forgiving if you on higher lines and with the right amount of anhyzer on the release can give a long tight helix.
I'd liken it to a slightly faster, slightly more stable bolt.
It is taking me awhile to break my Cannons in, very rewarding disc though.
Last edited by regularjoe on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regularjoe

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:48 pm

silly fast
Abe Froman

Go throw a Legacy

Postby regularjoe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:37 pm

I haven't dealt with any company that is more responsive or easy to deal with. The Rico brothers are awesome. You owe it yourself to try Legacy out.
regularjoe

Pinnacle Rampage

Postby Cruzer51857 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Been ripping a 170g rampage...loving it! Real fast, right amount of stability and great fade. It's going to come in handy at the rumble.
MDGC
Cruzer51857

Return to The Rest