Millennium Astra

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Millennium Astra

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Any word on how this disc is working for anyone? Hoping to try it out soon.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:The Quasar is my main sidearm disc. I'm getting it beat in as it's a bit too stable for me. The Astra is perfect for me. I can hyzer flip it to a slight S shot. It goes long for me, but then I don't have much arm. :roll:

Single L wrote:Picked up an Astra this weekend at Titan while in CR so I threw it a few times tonight before league and decided to make it my long distance starter on all straightish holes (everywhere I would have thrown my slightly seasoned straight pro wraith) for the league round. Well I have to say I like it a lot. Its not nearly as flippy as I was expecting but its faster out of the hand than my wraiths and holds a nice straight to slight turnover line. A little faster and easier to throw than the wraith and not as squirrelly as my seasoned wraith. I was surprised at the low speed stability, but once you learn the lines to throw it on the fade can be worked to your advantage. I'm not sure if it will replace my pro wraiths or not but I do like it a lot.

Steady 26542 wrote:
Discgo wrote:I have seen some Sparkle Quantum Astras but not had the chance to throw them yet. From what I hear they fly like a longer QOLS.

That's how I related it on DiscGolfReview. It's not nearly as flippy as the standard Millennium (pro) plastic. I threw a new 164 Q and a 170 M and the Q was a lot more stable. It went 3/4 of its flight straight and then faded. The M flipped pretty easy.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

In all honesty, I doubt there is any difference in plastic. If your throwing one of the glitter Astras its possibly a matter of additive durablilty. Much like Glow plastic, I can see the Metal Flake or Glitter or whatever having a positive effect on flight/performance.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks L & Chase.
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to The Rest