Advice

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Advice

Postby travis.bundy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:11 pm

Okay, I need some advice on my putting. I can putt well w/ a driver or mid-range but when it comes to a putter, I can't get it in the basket. I stand as if I was driving, my body is lined up to the basket and point my shoulder in the direction I'm throwing. I usually keep both feet planted while I am putting. I keep all four fingers under the disc and my thumb on top. Am I not snaping the disc hard enough?
travis.bundy

Postby cmlasley » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Putting form is a totally different animal from driving form. Most really good putters face the basket

I suggest you check out some video of putting form. Search on YouTube or go to www.discgolfreview.com and look at the "Throw Analysis" section.

Better yet, find someone who lives close to you who can go play with you. I am not a good putter, but I'll play with you. I don't know where you are, but you are welcome anytime in Iowa City.
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby travis.bundy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm from Waterloo but if I'm ever in the area I'll let you know ahead of time.
travis.bundy

Postby cmlasley » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:00 pm

travis.bundy wrote:I'm from Waterloo but if I'm ever in the area I'll let you know ahead of time.

There has to be somebody from the 'Loo that can show you some different putting styles. Any takers?
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:43 pm

otherwise, you nee da good excuse to go play THe Peninsula, right?!?!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby travis.bundy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:49 pm

Where abouts is that at?
travis.bundy

Postby cmlasley » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:04 am

ghstinshll wrote:otherwise, you nee da good excuse to go play THe Peninsula, right?!?!

I never need an excuse to play the Peninsula. It is 10 minutes' walk from my apartment. It's a beautiful thing.

Travis, the Peninsula is a spectacular new disc golf course in Iowa City. I live in Coralville, just across the river from it. I just scamper across the ped bridge, and I'm there.
Morgan Lasley

cmlasley

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:53 am

I meant for Travis to come to IC to play a round w/ you...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby cmlasley » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 am

ghstinshll wrote:I meant for Travis to come to IC to play a round w/ you...

Come on down.
Morgan Lasley

cmlasley

Postby AO » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:41 pm

"When putting, I drop both knees at same time (like a free throw) and push from my left to right foot. I use minimal arm (a very short stroke) and use mostly body to direct the putt." -Cam Todd
AO

Return to Putting Technique