2010 North Iowa Tour Info

Information on the North Iowa Tour

Moderator: Skell

2010 North Iowa Tour Info

Postby Skell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Here is the Schedule for the 2010 North Iowa Tour!

Saturday, March 27th, 2010
Thornton Open
Prairie DGC, Thornton, IA

Saturday, April 17th, 2010
Hampton Showdown II
Hampton Rotary DGC, Hampton, IA

Saturday, May 8th, 2010
Battle at the Bridge
Forest City DGC, Forest City, IA

Saturday, June 5th, 2010
River City Disco
East Park, Mason City, IA

Saturday, July 24th, 2010
Northwood Open
Northwood DGC, Northwood, IA

Saturday, August 7th, 2010
Coulter Challenge
Firebird DGC, Coulter, IA

Saturday, September 18th, 2010
Battle of Belmond
River DGC, Belmond, IA

Saturday, October 30th, 2010
North Iowa Tour Finals
East Park, Mason City, IA

Last edited by Skell on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skell

Postby Skell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:13 am

J&J Disc Golf (Austin, MN) will be the Vendor on site for the following tournaments on the N.I.T.

Battle at the Bridge - 5/8
Northwood Open - 7/24

We are working on getting a Vendor set up for the other tournaments. I will let you know, when that info is set in place.
Skell

Postby Peil » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Wak Pak (out of Ames) is on board as the official vendor of the following North Iowa Tour events:

Thornton Open (3/27)
Hampton Showdown II (4/17)
River City Disco (6/5)
Coulter Challenge (8/7)
Battle of Belmond (9/18)
Tour Finals (10/30)
Peil

Postby dirtyj » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:29 pm

I just wanted to thank eveyone involved in the north Iowa tour. Looks like you guys have everything in line. So glad to see some expansion in the state. We as WAK PAK are very greatefull for being invited to be the vendor at a few of these dates. We would also ask to serve you all better that you let us know your wish list basically and we will try to provide it. Again the WAK PAK thanks everyone involved for the opportunity to vend and have a real good excuse to get north and play these courses. :lol:
dirtyj

Postby Dale Jordal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 pm

:shock: Wow! ...... Thank you Mark & Rob you guys are getting a lot ground covered promoting North Iowa Disc Golf in the past few weeks. You guys are definantally men of action.... my hat is off to you.

Good luck, and thank you again for all your efforts.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Ferch » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:20 am

I havent been to Hamptons course for a year or so. Has #2 changed from that stupid setup? Have they put the bridge in?
Ferch

Postby Peil » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:39 am

D31756F wrote:I havent been to Hamptons course for a year or so. Has #2 changed from that stupid setup? Have they put the bridge in?

Hole 2 has not changed. It still has that weird setup and there is still no bridge. I'm thinking about playing #1 and then #9, then going across the bridge by the road, putting in a temp hole and then a temp tee for #2. This is just an idea. I haven't been out there lately to really check everything out.
Peil

Postby Ferch » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 am

Cool. When I first played that caourse and was on hole 9 it made me wonder about the land on the other side. As far as 2 goes, you cant throw a tournament there without reseting either the basket or the tee.
Ferch

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 pm

J&J Disc Golf is the first official Sponsor for the 2010 North Iowa Tour!

We are having a N.I.T. CTP ($15 value) at every Tournament that only Tour Members can win.

J&J Disc Golf is donating the prizes for the N.I.T. CTP for every Tournament! Thanks Nik & Jason!
Skell

Postby Conrad 37988 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 am

I think I'm in for this tour. Any idea what entry fees will be for the tournaments?
Conrad 37988

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Conler Milrad 37988 wrote:I think I'm in for this tour. Any idea what entry fees will be for the tournaments?

Sweet! No we don't know the entry fees yet for each tournament for sure. The N.I.T. Staff is having a meeting in January to get together and finalize everything. I think we want to keep most of the tournaments uniform with everything including the entry fees. So they will probably be the same at each tournament. But we have to figure out what that will be. I would say in the range of 10 to 20 for the am divisions and about 30 for the open division.
Skell

Postby Skell » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Well I think we have everything set in place now!

Now we just need to get started! Can't wait for March 27th to get here!

For the most part we are going to run/organize all of the tournaments as close to the same as possible. The only things that might be a little different is the number of rounds and holes per round. All tournaments will play at least 36 holes. Whether it is 3 rounds of 12, 2 rounds of 18, or 4 rounds of 9. Forest City will play 2 rounds of 21 holes that is the only tournament that will play more than 36 holes.

Here is some basic info that all North Iowa Tour Tournaments will have in common.

Player Meeting: 9:45 a.m.
1st Round Tee Off: 10:00 a.m.

Open: $30 (Cash Payout)
Advanced: $20 (Vendor Vouchers)
Intermediate: $15 (Vendor Vouchers)
Women: $10 (Vendor Vouchers)
Juniors (12-16): $10 (Vendor Vouchers)
Ace Fund (Optional): $2

There will be a $1 N.I.T. Fee included in all Entry Fees.
Some Tournaments may elect to have a $1 Club Fee included also.

Ace Funds will carry forward to next N.I.T. Tournament if no Aces are hit. But we are going to cap the Ace Fund at $100 and start a 2nd Ace Fund if we get to that point. These courses are pretty short!!!!!!!!! Tons of chances for Aces!

Again this is basic info that should remain the same for all of the N.I.T. Tournaments. But you will definately want to check out the thread for each individual tournament for specific details and if anything happens to vary from this!

See you on the courses soon!!!!!!
Skell

Postby Skell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 am

Another Sponsor has jumped on board!

MASON CITY ALL RISK INSURANCE INC.

They helped cover a portion of the cost of the trophies for all of the tournaments. All 7 N.I.T. Tournaments will have trophies for the winner of each Division! We also have a big trophy for the Male & Female Tour Champions (Winners of the Tour Finals), and Plaques for the Male & Female Points Leaders in the Tour Standings at the end of the year. Trophies were ordered Wednesday Night and should be here on Monday March 15th in time for the start of the year in Thornton on March 27th!
Skell

Postby Skell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 am

Oh, and another thing...

Wak Pak Disc Golf (Ames, IA) is donating some CTP prizes at each of the Tournaments they are vending for! So those tournaments will have additional CTP prizes that everyone will have a chance to win besides the N.I.T. CTP for only Tour Members to win.

J&J Disc Golf (Austin, MN) has donated all of the N.I.T. CTP prizes!

So those are our 3 SPONSORS that we have for the N.I.T. so far! And we aren't done yet!

I am really excited to get this started in a couple of weeks! Good to see the snow start melting away!
Skell

Return to North Iowa Tour