League Meeting 2/6/12

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

League Meeting 2/6/12

Postby Master Lee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am

Meeting will be held at Toad's at 6:30pm. Monday Feb 6th 2012.
Tim and I should have an update on Cedar City.
We still need to elect League Officials. (League Director, Tournament Director, Sgt. of Arms and Statistician) Rob B. will still be our Treasurer.
Set up Spring Training/Work Days.
Set up Summer Schedule
and schedule work days at Tourist, to prep for Snow Disc.
All league members are encouraged to attend.
Please spread the word.
Master Lee

Postby Master Lee » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:04 am

Tim and I met with Mark from the parks dept. earlier this week. We discussed the re-vamp of Tourist and the new course at Cedar City. Lots to report so plan on attending this meeting if at all possible.
Master Lee

Postby Master Lee » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks to the 9 discers that made it to the meeting last night. Would have been nice to see more faces. Here is a run down of what was discussed.

The Gaming commission turned down our first request for funds to fix up Tourist and install the new course at Cedar City Park. The parks Dept. will re submit two new request, 1 for Tourist and the other for Cedar City. We are hoping they will approve at least the request for Tourist Park. Then we as a league will raise the money for Cedar City through Hole Sponsorships and mini fundraiser tournaments. Either way we decided that Cedar City would be our first priority. We are planning a walk about on Sunday March 4th to help finalize the layout. We do have more land to work with now giving us a lot more hole options.
We discussed the PDGA round ratings for summer league. Most agreed that we could include this option for those interested.
We are still in need of a couple of officials. (League Director and Tournament Director) Bob will continue as our Treasurer and It was indicated that Hummel will be our new Statistician. I will start a new thread for Nominations to fill these two positions.
Master Lee

BHMDGL "Rules of Play"

Postby kinch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Another issue brought up at the meeting was concerning the BHMDGL "Rules of Play". This document was written to clarify issues concerning league format, players, teams, stats, awards, officers, elections, etc. We should review and update this document to reflect how League is currently being run. Most of the changes would be minor, some are not. Technology has evolved over the past 27 years to the point where we need to update our documentation to reflect this evolution.

I believe the last addendum was in the mid-1990s. I will search my boxes for the last copy and bring it to the next meeting. I could also attempt to post it here. Not sure how that works yet. Can a .pdf be posted on this site?

After updating this document, it should distributed to league members.
kinch

Postby CalebP » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 am

Test setup course for Cedar City. Sunday 03/04/12 by 1:00pm. Setting up 9+ holes so bring your baskets. 1 basket here.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby Jadams » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 pm

I have to work but if another basket is needed I can get it to you Caleb.
Jadams

Postby Jadams » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:22 pm

So what is up with the new course? Willing to help wherever needed.
Jadams

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League