Night outing at Shaver?

Moderator: peyton

Night outing at Shaver?

Postby brox » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:38 pm

So I havent had the opportunity to play a course at night and a lot of people say it's something I definitely got to experience so....

I was thinking either friday September 12th or friday september 19th, at Shaver park. I was going to light up the pads and baskets and play a couple rounds.

I have a shopping list for all the glow sticks for the baskets and the bobber lights for the discs. Im thinkin ill put 2 to 3 glow sticks on all of the baskets and then probably 1 to 2 for each pad (front and back). I was also thinkning about doing some extra on hole 5. I found 36 premium glowsticks (last about 4 hours) for $25.00. and about 50 mini bobber glowsticks for bout $20.00 (if anyone knows of any place that has cheaper prices either that I can order or buy give me a heads up).

So yeah I was thinkin about a 8:30- 9pm start. This isnt going to be a tournament im poor and cant afford prizes and such.

But yeah Im really considering doing this (the two different dates are in case of rain or my work schedule).

If anyone has any suggestions or helpful insight let me know. Im not going to charge or anything anyone that wants to come out and throw a round or two and maybe drink some beers, then come on out.

I think this will be a lot of fun as long as I can keep it under $50.00.

So tell me what you think and if you can attend.

You can email me at: broxey@gmail.com

Or call me at: 319-447-7774

Well yeah hit me back, im flexible with the dates and times so yeah.
brox

Postby Crawdad » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Sounds like fun to me. Maybe you could find someone to sponsor it, say Gander Mountain, or who ever you are thinking of getting the glow stuff from.

I also have another question for you. Did you check with the parks department to see if we will be allowed to be in the park after closing time?

It would be a real bummer when the cops roll up and kick everyone out.
Crawdad

Postby geoffreylaw » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Crawdad wrote:
It would be a real bummer when the cops roll up and kick everyone out.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby brox » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 am

well i dont think the man is going to be to much of a problem. Ive had after hour cooking and such many times out there. I've talked to a lot of people that have played night games at shaver and elsewhere and they didnt have any problems. so i imagine its no big deal.
Its not like 100 people are going to show up anyways.
But yesh wherever i buy them from ill ask.

Ill keep you posted on my progress.
brox

Postby Conrad 37988 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:22 pm

You should ask for a free will donation from all players. If I was in CR that night I'd throw you a 5 spot to play. If you make a profit either invest in haveing another night game, or give the profits to charity.

What ever you do good luck, and keep us posted.
Conrad 37988

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 pm

I used milk jug luminaries under the baskets & on the teepads, and it worked pretty well. However, it does take one kick, or one putter into a jug to blow them out... If you do them - tape a small book of matches to the jug outside or something for people to re-light. Putting a couple glow sticks on the poles would be a good idea, I'm not sure if they're bright enough to always see from a distance, but next year I'm doing the luminaries & glow sticks. I found .45 candles @ michael's (happened to be on sale), and they're 2 1/2 by 3", and barely even burned 1/4 of the way down, they're getting re-used for sure. I calculated about $5 per person & it turned out well. If you want to buy any prizes, you might want to charge $10 or more.

Just a few notes from my event. Hope your kick this off - it's an experience you'll be happy you did. Oh yeah, and they'll come, trust me. :wink:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Skitzo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am

Hey Brox, I'd be down to help if you want:) This is Richard 8)

PM me if you want to get this going:) I can help w/ whatever
Skitzo

Return to Cedar Rapids Club