Team 2012

Moderator: peyton

Postby Potter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm

AO wrote:Wondering if everyone would together after work around 5:00pm Friday the night before Team States. I was thinking Primetime for a couple beers and food. Anyone can show up....Team Urbana. I will only stay out for a little bit. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm also wondering if our team wants to take 2 vehicles? Possibly meet at the gas station off the Swisher exit.

I'm down for grabbing a couple beers Friday before we take off. 2 cars for sure for the trip to the tournament
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Grimm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Potter wrote:
AO wrote:Wondering if everyone would together after work around 5:00pm Friday the night before Team States. I was thinking Primetime for a couple beers and food. Anyone can show up....Team Urbana. I will only stay out for a little bit. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm also wondering if our team wants to take 2 vehicles? Possibly meet at the gas station off the Swisher exit.

I'm down for grabbing a couple beers Friday before we take off. 2 cars for sure for the trip to the tournament

I can get a suburban or possibly a 4 door truck.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Nohr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

Team Urbana
--------------
Crager
Nohr
Karstens
Dye
Tanner Spiedel
Chase Norton
Nohr

Postby Detra319 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Im out this year guys. My son is havng another surgery on the 23rd and then chemo after that. Good luck and hopefully see u guys around.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Grimm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Detra319 wrote:Im out this year guys. My son is havng another surgery on the 23rd and then chemo after that. Good luck and hopefully see u guys around.

I hope all goes well.
Grimm

Postby tufluk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Detra319 wrote:Im out this year guys. My son is havng another surgery on the 23rd and then chemo after that. Good luck and hopefully see u guys around.

Cannot even imagine the difficulty of your situation. I'm saying a prayer for your son, and an extra one of thanks for my family's good health. In reality, we should all do that more than we do. :idea:
tufluk

Postby Detra319 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks gene. U met me in cr at legion the day before i found out this news. We got accepted into st judes childrens hospital in memphis so we are moving to memphis tuesday morning. Been a whirlwind 2 weeks but at least we will be getting the best care possible. And he is only 5 months old ;(
Detra319

Postby Captain » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 am

Detra319 wrote: moving to memphis tuesday morning.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

moving for good?
Captain

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 am

Ughhh. Dude, you're my favorite dubs player. You've given me 2 great pieces of advice this year alone. Most people don't care or are too abashed to offer advice to established players. I'll miss the insight, character, and bench time we share every Sunday. Bushwhackers too.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Grimm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Hope all goes well Adam. We will be thinking and praying. When yiou get established there PM your address and I'll send a little piece of home to you.
Grimm

Postby Detra319 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Captain wrote:

moving for good?

We are going down for two weeks right now, and then depending on how things work out with my 8 year old, we will come back for a month and finish our school terms, then we will go down for the next 4 months. My girlfriend and the 5 month old wont be coming back for at least 6 months. My baby eli was diagnosed with pinealblastoma, a form of brain cancer. St judes in memphis has the best care for him, so we are going there.

Wanna think shit is tough? Find out friday you are going tuesday 550 miles away and u dont know if u r going to come back. Bah dunno why i posted all this shit, maybe a bit deep for an online disc golf forum :/
Detra319

Postby Carter45145 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 am

Detra319 wrote:We are going down for two weeks right now, and then depending on how things work out with my 8 year old, we will come back for a month and finish our school terms, then we will go down for the next 4 months. My girlfriend and the 5 month old wont be coming back for at least 6 months. My baby eli was diagnosed with pinealblastoma, a form of brain cancer. St judes in memphis has the best care for him, so we are going there.

Wanna think shit is tough? Find out friday you are going tuesday 550 miles away and u dont know if u r going to come back. Bah dunno why i posted all this shit, maybe a bit deep for an online disc golf forum :/
Wow, sorry to hear this Adam. Hope things start getting better for you and your family soon.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby tufluk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am

Detra319 wrote:
Captain wrote:

moving for good?

We are going down for two weeks right now, and then depending on how things work out with my 8 year old, we will come back for a month and finish our school terms, then we will go down for the next 4 months. My girlfriend and the 5 month old wont be coming back for at least 6 months. My baby eli was diagnosed with pinealblastoma, a form of brain cancer. St judes in memphis has the best care for him, so we are going there.

Not a bit too deep. One doesn't know if he can hit a curve ball until life throws you one. It's not easy to deal with challenges, but knowing others care what happens can make the burden a bit lighter.
I hope things go as well as they can.
tufluk

Postby IHearChains » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 am

Detra319 wrote:Wanna think shit is tough? Find out friday you are going tuesday 550 miles away and u dont know if u r going to come back. Bah dunno why i posted all this shit, maybe a bit deep for an online disc golf forum :/

I had some serious shit go down in the last year, and I found out some of my friends in the DG community are better friends than I had realized before. Your situation is another level of serious compared to mine, but I think you will find out the same. I am wishing the best for you and your son.
IHearChains

Postby Detra319 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 pm

IHearChains wrote:
Detra319 wrote:Wanna think shit is tough? Find out friday you are going tuesday 550 miles away and u dont know if u r going to come back. Bah dunno why i posted all this shit, maybe a bit deep for an online disc golf forum :/

I had some serious shit go down in the last year, and I found out some of my friends in the DG community are better friends than I had realized before. Your situation is another level of serious compared to mine, but I think you will find out the same. I am wishing the best for you and your son.

Thanks guys, this has been harder than anything i could have ever imagined. I need anything i possibly can that will make me feel somewhat normal.
Detra319

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids Club