Clean Up Night 6-16-10

Clean Up Night 6-16-10

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:27 pm

I will be out at Devils Glen on Wednesday night clearing the woods holes before the Womens league plays there on Thurday night. There isn't that many woods holes so a good group of workers and a few hours should clean up the neddles and the long stuff. It would be nice to see all the Team Iron Lion guys out again like we had at last years Devils Glen clean up, maybe even some ultimate afterward?
Sniper26

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 am

Bump
Sniper26

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't believe that I still get disappointed and pissed off when disc golfers don't show up on work nights. I turned down overtime, mowing my lawn that is 8 inches long, and spending time with my loving family, also in the middle of doing siding and windows on my house before I leave for Chicago to work for 2 weeks. What is your excuse? MAN UP!! So many more things I would like to cuss and yell about but I will bite my tongue.

I forgot the thank the guys that actually did come out tonight, Evan "The Man" Qualls, Caleb "Ginger Jesus" Holmquist, Chase Roberts, and Ross Brandt. Big thanks to John Resch for dropping off weed whips and basket keys, My beautiful wife Jenna for running us gas and drinks, and as always my dad Mr. Bill for the use of his equipment and bringing it out.
Sniper26

Postby K.C. » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

Sniper26 wrote:I turned down overtime, mowing my lawn that is 8 inches long, and spending time with my loving family, also in the middle of doing siding and windows on my house before I leave for Chicago to work for 2 weeks. What is your excuse? MAN UP!!

I think you have a misconception about what a man should do, if you believe that picking up branches - cutting down weeds - and hangin' out with discers is more important than your before mentioned priorities.

Maybe "MAN DOWN" would be the better quote, as I know you care more about those other things than this frickin' game we/you all play.

As for the rest of your dissapointments...well, I don't understand how you let it get to you anymore. You're dealing with disc golfers. Like it or not, its not your biggest population of 'go-getters' or 'workaholics', especially if those that are the go-getters or workaholics are generally the ones that have your before mentioned priorities in the proper order. Its not like this is your first rodeo, Paul. At some point, you just gotta either get over it...or past it.

And, as one from the very distant outside these days (purposefully)...I still see (or hear about) the work that you and others put in. So, if nothing else...I appreciate it. But, I would bet that at some point appreciation won't be enough reward for you. At THAT point, give me a call, man. We'll toss some plastic around for fun...and when the ninja branches knock us down or we end up in some high weeds...we won't care all that much. Cuz, in one form or another...its just bitter-sweet irony. You can clean the courses and 'fix' the problems all day, complaining about the lack of help involved or problems that arise. Or, you can complain about the condition of the courses or problems that arise...but enjoy playing and not doing any of it anymore.
K.C.

Return to Bettendorf - Devils Glen