course evaluation

course evaluation

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:04 am

This course was obviously either created by a lefty, or someone that wanted to challenge his/her anny skills.

It is not a good design, there are several holes that play up/down a road, so watch out for oncoming cars. There is also a hole that plays over a parking lot that I had to omit due to the lot being full of cars.

The course has old Mach I baskets, and small concrete tees. I wanted to like the course, because the park is pretty nice, but it's in serious need of a redesign.
GDL17921

Re: course evaluation

Postby Peil » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:22 am

I agree with you Jay. I played here last year and wanted to like this course too but just couldn't. Many of the holes seem very similar and we got confused in the middle of the course. The land is great but the course could definitely use a redesign and some new baskets.
Peil

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 pm

yeah, I'd be curious to know if the park people there didn't want them doing any cutting, or what, because there is lots of woods there that could be used to make a real kick ass course. The 16 holes out in the open could be reduced to like 4-5 holes, and then use other areas. I don't even care about the baskets that much, I just hate seeing them (and the park) not being used to their potential.
GDL17921

Postby Dale Jordal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:04 pm

I played this course a couple of years ago. I also agree as I wanted to like the course. Some of the same items already stated. I didn't like the idea of using the roadway for a fairway on several poles. Not all the tees are intuitive to find. We played all but 2 or 3 poles ( just couldn't find them ) played a section of the course out order as we stumbled across some of the poles we missed. It got to be funny as we tried to find the various tees. It is a nice park and I agree it would be nice to give the course a face lift.
Dale Jordal

Return to Algona - Ambrose A. Call Park