East Lake Challenge B-Tier 9/21/2013

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: East Lake Challenge B-Tier 9/21/2013

Postby OS-cHaOs » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 am

grown men complaining like little kids. hilarious shit.
OS-cHaOs

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:37 am

Those reported payouts are weird. No 2nd place GM money entered...And 1st place in Pro got the same as the tie for second. I'm guessing a throw off happened, but everyone paid the same?
Buzzz Killington

Postby AO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Those reported payouts are weird. No 2nd place GM money entered...And 1st place in Pro got the same as the tie for second. I'm guessing a throw off happened, but everyone paid the same?

In GM maybe 2nd has AM status and wanted to keep it. I think in Open it was a 3 way tie for 1st.
AO

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Disappointed to see that AT LEAST $700 CASH added = at most $438 cash added. Funny money is not cash, trust me I know. lol
Buzzz Killington

Postby Furniss » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 pm

lol..i know you do bagger..i thought he said 500 to open and 200 to ams...has to be 500 to the pro side for a b tier
Furniss

Postby rasta_j » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:51 am

Wow, I usually I only piss off my wife that much. Dude, I have never put on a PDGA tournament with out Clue's approval. We worked really hard to find a date that wouldn't conflict with another tournament. I have no desire to try to take players from another tournament. The PDGA rules are B-Tiers have to be 100 miles apart. East Lake Challenge was a B-Tier ( with $700.00 added cash) Newton was a C-Tier and only needs 25 miles. Plus Newton only had 2 less players than last year, so I don't think it mattered.
As far as ratings being posted, I'm not a computer wiz, and it does take me a little longer to get stuff finished. Sorry.
I put on tournaments to give players and leagues the chance to play in tournaments, not many tourney's in South East Iowa. I try to do the best tournaments possible, I won't do any PDGA tournaments with out added cash. (even C-Tiers) I require at least $200.00 added cash, I won't just post it and only payout only entry fee's. I also give a players package at every tournament, no matter what. C-Tiers don't require added cash or players package.
As far as you coming to my tournaments, its your choice. But if your problem is that I don't do things according to the rules, that's just not true. And I know I'm not perfect, but I try to put on the best tournaments I can.
If you still have a problem with me please give me a call. But you should have your facts right before you say something.
By the way thank you for having my back Anthony.
rasta_j

Postby Clue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:12 pm

First, my apologies for not keeping up as much as I'd like. I would've weighed in sooner.

John has definitely been in contact with me. If I remember correctly, we went back and forth with the date for this quite a bit. The schedule is packed and I thought the Newton weekend offered the least resistance.

I really really just want to move forward as best we can. I think Jay brings up valid points. I think John's heart is in the right place. I'd like to utilize both of these to improve things. John has done an incredible job of raising money for several tournaments in a variety of towns, and I think people like him are hugely important to the success of disc golf in Iowa. That being said, I think there are a lot of details that I'd like to see improved and it's something I should've addressed with him before the A tier this spring. It was something I meant to do and let slip, and for that I take responsibility. Before we get into next year's schedule I will be certain to do that with him privately. But under no circumstances do I want to discourage John from continuing to keep up with everything he's doing. I just hope to tighten up a few details (which all in all are relatively small and easily correctable).

I've also been very impressed with Jay's work as well. Like John, I know his heart is in the right place. Many times I've been frustrated with the lack of details by many TDs over the years and I have high expectations as well. I know where Jay is coming from and I value his opinions.

Let's table this issue here. I'll get back to the SC thread next and I have another idea I want to throw out there that will be in the Iowa tournament section soon.
Clue

Postby OS-cHaOs » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

Rasta's the only one putting on southeast iowa tournaments that are worth going to. He just needs to move a little further west and make a couple stops in Ottumwa.
OS-cHaOs

Postby rasta_j » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 pm

The Mt. Pleasant League was who wanted to give the ams some added cash. The pro's had the $500.00 that is required.
rasta_j

Postby 18UnderPar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:52 pm

OS-cHaOs wrote:Rasta's the only one putting on southeast iowa tournaments that are worth going to. He just needs to move a little further west and make a couple stops in Ottumwa.

Yeah, because nobody in Ottumwa knows how to run a good tournament. That's why so many people have been to 10, 15 or even more than 20 of the previous 29 Ottumwa Fall Classics. Nothing like getting stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend.
18UnderPar

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:45 pm

sure it wasnt meant like that tom . and im an open player and still think the ams should get a piece of added cash
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby OS-cHaOs » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:52 pm

18UnderPar wrote:
OS-cHaOs wrote:Rasta's the only one putting on southeast iowa tournaments that are worth going to. He just needs to move a little further west and make a couple stops in Ottumwa.

Yeah, because nobody in Ottumwa knows how to run a good tournament. That's why so many people have been to 10, 15 or even more than 20 of the previous 29 Ottumwa Fall Classics. Nothing like getting stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend.

Now I wasnt trying to stab you in the back Tom and you should know that.
OS-cHaOs

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments