Vibram Birdie Bash - May 31 2014 - Grandview

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Vibram Birdie Bash - May 31 2014 - Grandview

Postby jlabresh1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 am

Sign up now (online registration is preferred). http://vibram.usetopscore.com/e/grandview-park/register

$35 gets you 2 Vibram Discs, a Dry fit Shirt, a towel and a mini disc and a couple other goodies.
There will be 2 rounds with CTPs, a Disc Golf Spirit Award given and a men's a women's division winners award.
I am currently looking for sponsors for the CTPs and a possible putt off. (I will stop at the end of March)

Here are the high level details:
- You play 2 rounds with the discs you chose
- You play for points (high scorer of division wins)
- Ace/Eagle: 5 points
- Birdie: 2 points
- Metal Hit: 1 point
- If no points are scored on a hole, the closest to the pin after two throws earns a point.
- There will be CTP Prizes
- Rounds will be at Grandview Park, at the second shelter (by hole 16).
- A spirit Award will be given, this is voted by others at the event for those who attend.

Day of:
- Mulligans will be for sale for the first round at $1 each, up to 5, money will go to the Course.
- $2 ace fund will be available

Please let me know if you have questions, or if you want to sponsor a CTP, or if you want to meet up somewhere to sign up.
Everything needs to be registered online by May 18th, I will have 5 extra kits for last minute people. But those will go fast.

Sign up now (online registration is preferred). http://vibram.usetopscore.com/e/grandview-park/register
jlabresh1

Re: Vibram Birdie Bash - May 31 2014 - Grandview

Postby shak » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

This guy is already registered. I'm looking forward to it. So are we just playing short teepads to short basket placement or are there going to be temporary shorter tee pads?
shak

Postby jlabresh1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:37 am

shak wrote:This guy is already registered. I'm looking forward to it. So are we just playing short teepads to short basket placement or are there going to be temporary shorter tee pads?

Awesome Shak! I am looking to have a couple temporary pads, but it depends on the number of registrations. As the date gets closer, I will have more details.
jlabresh1

Postby jlabresh1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Some updates:
- I have 3 sponsors for CTP prizes, I am still looking for more
- We will have a putt-off for some great prizes as well.
- I am posting flyers this week if you are interested in hanging one up, please let me know.

If you want to sign up for the Vibram Birdie Bash at Grandview in person, we can meet up at a course, I can show you some discs and you can decide which might work for you.

Thanks.

-J-
jlabresh1

Postby jlabresh1 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Just a reminder: Registration ends Sunday May 25th. (not may 18th)

Des Moines Disc Golf Club is helping to set the pins to the short position, so we can play shorts to shorts. We will have some temporary baskets set up as well.

We have CTP and Farthest Putt Prizes from the following sponsors: Tacopocolypse, Drake Diner, Skate North Incrediroll, Jax Sporting Goods, Michael's Pizza, SlashWebStudios.com and others.

We have a putt off for a glow target from DG Nomad during the lunch break.

We have $5 lunch sponsored by B&B Grocery and Deli.

So for $35 you get all the above plus your 2 Vibram Discs that you play with during the 2 rounds of 18, a mini disc, a towel and a dri fit shirt.

Scores will be points based:
- 2 shots per hole
- closest to pin gets 1 point
- Metal hit is 1 point
- Birdie is 3 points
- Ace is 5 points

Most points after 2 rounds wins.
First round will have mulligans for sale up to 5 for $1 each. Money goes to Des Moines Disc Golf Club.
$2 ace fund will be available.

There will be a Men's and Women's Division Winner and a Disc Golf Spirit Award.

I think this should be a fun event, come on out and enjoy!

REGISTER NOW! http://vibram.usetopscore.com/e/grandview-park/register
jlabresh1

Return to Iowa Tournaments