payouts

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: payouts

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Detra319 wrote:When I first started playing tournaments a couple 5 years or so back players back were bonuses, not presold merch that the td/vendor picked out. Paying out 110 dollars of a 450 dollar entry pool is a joke, if thats what those players packs allow the vendors to do.

Someone else picking out merch for me b4 I show up and then charging me full retail sounds like the worst idea ever. If that was a business it would fail. But since this is the pdga and people dont understand the system it continues to grow instead. Now at least I know what to look for. And this also seems like a system that will keep your not new to the game and not new to tournaments away unless they are a cashing pro. But maybe I am the only one who wants to win peoples entry money and I pay the pdga to hopefully lessen the amount of sandbaggers and provide a levelish field for me to compete against people of the same skill.

First off I"d like to say your brother wasn't cool, he was rude. As rude as anybody has ever been to me at a event I have ran. Second we profited nothing off the players pack as retail would have been roughly $60. The cost we took out was 10 for the shirt, 12 for the hat and 7 for the discs. You also received 2 vinyl decals as part as your players pack. The trophies cost a total of $300. You also have $3 from each entry for the PDGA and $2 for the EDGE program. You also have the sanctioning fees, PDGA Ins cost, and the special events permit from the Army core. Coming on ere and saying we did something dishonest and out of line is bullshit. I use to respect you, I dont anymore. You are throwing mud on an event a worked really hard on. You didnt even play in it , so shut the phuck up. As far as Matt goes, hasn't he taking enough from rec players this year, and I think he is missing the whole point of rec if he is bitching about his pay out, and so are you. If you are showing up playing Am disc golf, hoping to turn a profit, your missing the point of being an am. Also I'm really mad at myself for giving you a deal on those bags. You sir are moron and would prefer in the near future to keep your distance from me.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I forgot. I spent $100 on the players handbook, covered Kurts entry for designing them. We also bought bottled water for players, offered it for free on all courses during, before and after play. If you would like a spread sheet of how the payouts break down, I will gladly show you how Titan disc golf made no profit off this event or every intended to. If intend to profit, I wouldnt of asked Iron Lion or Pro Flight to be involved. I wouldnt of had a players pack because I would have been doing the pay outs, so I get your money either way. Oh yeah by the way you are the only one to bitch about this to me out of 96 players. Good Job, thanks for not coming.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Swisher Streets » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 am

Swisher Streets

Postby irban » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 am

Detra319 wrote:... there was a high emphasis on a good players pack.

This debate has been going on a long time. Shallow and wide versus deep and narrow payout. Not playing much these days, so I don't know what the current trend is. DSM tourneys have gone both ways over the years I think, with much debate. For a while the PDGA was kind of pushing the shallow payouts for ams; I don't know if that is still the case.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:16 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:
Detra319 wrote:When I first started playing tournaments a couple 5 years or so back players back were bonuses, not presold merch that the td/vendor picked out. Paying out 110 dollars of a 450 dollar entry pool is a joke, if thats what those players packs allow the vendors to do.

Someone else picking out merch for me b4 I show up and then charging me full retail sounds like the worst idea ever. If that was a business it would fail. But since this is the pdga and people dont understand the system it continues to grow instead. Now at least I know what to look for. And this also seems like a system that will keep your not new to the game and not new to tournaments away unless they are a cashing pro. But maybe I am the only one who wants to win peoples entry money and I pay the pdga to hopefully lessen the amount of sandbaggers and provide a levelish field for me to compete against people of the same skill.

First off I"d like to say your brother wasn't cool, he was rude. As rude as anybody has ever been to me at a event I have ran. Second we profited nothing off the players pack as retail would have been roughly $60. The cost we took out was 10 for the shirt, 12 for the hat and 7 for the discs. You also received 2 vinyl decals as part as your players pack. The trophies cost a total of $300. You also have $3 from each entry for the PDGA and $2 for the EDGE program. You also have the sanctioning fees, PDGA Ins cost, and the special events permit from the Army core. Coming on ere and saying we did something dishonest and out of line is bullshit. I use to respect you, I dont anymore. You are throwing mud on an event a worked really hard on. You didnt even play in it , so shut the phuck up. As far as Matt goes, hasn't he taking enough from rec players this year, and I think he is missing the whole point of rec if he is bitching about his pay out, and so are you. If you are showing up playing Am disc golf, hoping to turn a profit, your missing the point of being an am. Also I'm really mad at myself for giving you a deal on those bags. You sir are moron and would prefer in the near future to keep your distance from me.

And you are angry and misguided. You got defensive about something that wasnt even directed at you, YO*U MADE THIS THREAD ABOUT YOU.

Secondly, you are NOT talking about my brother because my brother is not a rude person. EVER. Ask any person that has ever known him if he is rude and they will say you are talking about someone else.

And now back to this shit. Why do you always have to make things personal attacks Frog? If this is a legitimate way to run a tournament then all you need to say is that you gave everyone a good bang for their buck see you next year. But clearly you don't feel that so you had to break down the math to justify how you ran things. And you are missing the point if you think that people play am tournaments for no reason except fun and competition. Ask anyone that plays alot of tournaments each year and they will all say that payout is a major factor. And talk shit about sandbagging mr I won advanced Hickory Hills 3 years in a row.

And last but not least, I did not say it was dishonest. I blamed the pdga for allowing the system to be created and encouraged. I said a business model that pre selects a hat shirt and disc for me and tries to sell it to me is going to fail. You are the one that decided to interpret that as me saying "Titan Disc golf steals money from players." I have never been anything but supportive of you guys. So take your self righteous bullshit someplace else.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:I forgot. I spent $100 on the players handbook, covered Kurts entry for designing them. We also bought bottled water for players, offered it for free on all courses during, before and after play. If you would like a spread sheet of how the payouts break down, I will gladly show you how Titan disc golf made no profit off this event or every intended to. If intend to profit, I wouldnt of asked Iron Lion or Pro Flight to be involved. I wouldnt of had a players pack because I would have been doing the pay outs, so I get your money either way. Oh yeah by the way you are the only one to bitch about this to me out of 96 players. Good Job, thanks for not coming.

If you think my brother is the only one to bitch about the payout then you are not listening. I wonder why? Maybe because you BLOW UP on anyone who ever criticizes you or anything you do? And if I really thought your intention was to Chuck people over you think I would have maybe said something about you by name? Because I'm clearly not afraid of you or what you are going to say, as has been shown many times over the years.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:32 pm

GDL17921

Postby Swisher Streets » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Swisher Streets

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments