2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Grimm » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Breaking but not really news..

Looks like the weather may be bad and nasty tonight. If you don’t feel safe or conformable don’t show up tonight and let your partner know. League is NOT CANCELLED…yet. We will make that call when the time is right.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby mattw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I am in for tonight. My wife could use the insurance money. :|
mattw

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:26 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
Like_Water wrote:What time is tee off? I'm probably going to be up tonight.

any chance you can sub for me?

nevermind, aaron porter will be there to sub for me
medicinal funk

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm

80% chance of .5" of rain, 20mph winds. Sounds like normal Bushwhacker weather to me! Radar looks great right now...
Buzzz Killington

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:80% chance of .5" of rain, 20mph winds. Sounds like normal Bushwhacker weather to me! Radar looks great right now...

Out.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Grimm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:57 pm

REMINDER....WE WILL BE AT TURKEY CREEK THIS WEEK! Tell anyone that may not know.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 am

medicinal funk wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
Like_Water wrote:What time is tee off? I'm probably going to be up tonight.

any chance you can sub for me?

nevermind, aaron porter will be there to sub for me

hey chuck, saw that aaron played, but i'm pretty sure he didn't pay me his 2.00, and i saw you made up on sunday so...... we counted your round. if aaron wants his counted for handicap he'll need to pay.

just let me know, thanks!
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:
hey chuck, saw that aaron played, but i'm pretty sure he didn't pay me his 2.00, and i saw you made up on sunday so...... we counted your round. if aaron wants his counted for handicap he'll need to pay.

just let me know, thanks!

he moved away (to flordia i think?) last weekend, so not sure that will happen. i wouldn't have even had him play if i knew i would be well enough to go on sunday. seeya this evening
medicinal funk

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

I call shenanigans.
This isn't in the rules, however in my mind, you can't announce your sub to play for you Wednesday, card that score, then play on Sunday for points.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Grimm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:I call shenanigans.
This isn't in the rules, however in my mind, you can't announce your sub to play for you Wednesday, card that score, then play on Sunday for points.

We didn't card his score because he didn't pay. If you don't pay your score doesn't count. If chuck wouldn't have showed on sunday he would have lost his points.
Grimm

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

Not concerned with points, just that the money transaction was the only thing that didn't happen (sub set, played, recorded). Opponents probably convinced that's who they were playing against. BUT, I think I'm ok with that as long as you can't hand over the $2 POST ROUND. Money must be collected before the round for all subs. Otherwise you have a doorway to see if you sub played well or not, and the option to play on Sunday, despite every notion that you had a sub play for your points Wednesday.
Buzzz Killington

Postby diskey river » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

^
This
diskey river

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:01 am

Well.... After what was probably the most heated debate in bushwhacker history, the rules comittee has come to a conclusion. Since chuck had no idea if he could play week 7 or not, he found a sub. Sub played but didn't pay. Chuck wanting to play every week, played Sunday for his own benefit/stats, not for individual points or team points. So the outcome is that his subs round will be what's scored which was an individual point loss as well as a team point loss. Now to be fair to everyone else who has paid to have their score recorded in the history books, chucks sub's score will not be recorded which would utimately render the same outcome for his team. This incident was a perfect storm of miss communication and a great lesson to be learned. This league isn't perfect but the rules comIttee and I beleive this to be the most fair outcome for all parties involved.

On a brighter note, we had two aces tonight! Ben sandell got his first ace ever on hole 8 and Joe French aced hole 11. Both will tenativly receive 96 bones and a six pack of their choice pending any aces Sunday. Nice shootind fellas!

and as far as the belt goes..... it would be nice if it stayed at the course until all the cards are in. i think we had four or five guys shoot 4 down and each deserve to take it home but it wasn't there.
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 am

If you guys think your men enough - we're planning on taking an Iowa contingency to the Fall Harvest in Vichy, MO on October 19th-20th. This is true mountain man golf - not for the faint of heart. Arguably the hardest course you'll ever play. OK that might be overdoing it, but we'll be camping, drinking lots of beer, and having some crazy good fun. Hope any and all of ya can make it.
GDL17921

Postby Grimm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am

GDL17921 wrote:If you guys think your men enough - we're planning on taking an Iowa contingency to the Fall Harvest in Vichy, MO on October 19th-20th. This is true mountain man golf - not for the faint of heart. Arguably the hardest course you'll ever play. OK that might be overdoing it, but we'll be camping, drinking lots of beer, and having some crazy good fun. Hope any and all of ya can make it.

We don't travel... :lol:

That's also Columbus day week, I already have plans for that week of celebration.
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids