Sunday 10:00 AM, Peninsula - Disc and a little work

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Sunday 10:00 AM, Peninsula - Disc and a little work

Postby jnecessary » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Hope to get a few people out to play a round tomorrow morning and at the same time get all the branches that were cut down today with pole saws cleared from the fairways. Every hole was worked on, so there is a significant amount of debris to be removed, but not a ton.

Easy way to contribute a bit to getting this great course in shape for the 3 seasons that it plays best.
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Many thanks to Harper and Straud for showing up, all of the trimmings have been cleaned up.
jnecessary

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm

jnecessary wrote:Many thanks to Harper and Straud for showing up, all of the trimmings have been cleaned up.

Thanks Jim for actually doing something with the course!
Conrad 37988

Postby diskey river » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 am

^^

Thanks again guys. The course is in awesome shape!. Shot 18 last night and was amazed. Don't think I've ever even seen the shot from 2 Blue.

Nettles are basically all dead, and the river is super low. Goodbye Turkey for the season!

I'll def. come help next time if you post on here. I was at a tourney Sunday.
diskey river

Postby jnecessary » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am

Hey, I will post in the "work that needs to be done thread" but there might be a bit of work today if anyone wants to help. Just moving some stuff that I cut the day before yesterday basically.
jnecessary

Postby Detra319 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

jnecessary wrote:Hey, I will post in the "work that needs to be done thread" but there might be a bit of work today if anyone wants to help. Just moving some stuff that I cut the day before yesterday basically.

Been playing this course alot since school started, gotta love no nettles. Thank you lord, those things suck. But, it does remove my major motivation to stay in the fairway. Hmm...

Anyways, thanks for the work Mr Necessary. This course has tons of potential, but I have said that since it was installed. Good job realizing some of that potential.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids