2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:I've got a train horn that'll do the trick =) I need to get it from DSM.
It'll be more organized than usual, but I think it's worth trying. 64 people doesn't include any extra subs.
Some sort of assigned, rotating start holes, and one horn blast to start play, 6pm (or 6:05?) on your hole. Maybe we make scorecards in advance, and hand them out to top of card with assigned starting hole for the next week. Yes, I am willing to personally write out scorecards.
I'm also going to produce a yard sign that declares something like, "League in session, 6pm. Expect long waits; no playing-through. You are likely to get a round in faster if you drive to a nearby course."

Also, I hope Wycoff is recovering well. He was almost carted off Shaver. Hopefully back in shape for the start of the season!

i have added an (optional) shotgun start hole to the schedule so if we do decide to use it, it will be there. the only problem is that you'll most likely start on or close to the same hole each week. there's no favortism done here, it's just how the schedule worked out.

don't worry about the sign, we can't close the course, we'll just have to deal with the public. i bet when people see the amount of cars at a course they'll figure it out.

beachy will have the cards this year. he should be there early or on time. a horn is not a bad idea, bring it.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 pm

I've got Horn!
and
Good luck to all Bushwhackers off to the Rumble!
Buzzz Killington

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm

remember, come prepared, it is hiawatha so expect the worse! see everyone tomorrow!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:53 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:remember, come prepared, it is hiawatha so expect the worse! see everyone tomorrow!

I remember a few years ago a small group of us had to hide in the bathroom and wait for the tornados to go thru, the toilet was exploding and everything...then we come out after a while and Rimmy just comes strolling up on his bike, rode thru the whole thing lol
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Grimm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm

The Donator wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:remember, come prepared, it is hiawatha so expect the worse! see everyone tomorrow!

I remember a few years ago a small group of us had to hide in the bathroom and wait for the tornados to go thru, the toilet was exploding and everything...then we come out after a while and Rimmy just comes strolling up on his bike, rode thru the whole thing lol

That's Hiawatha every time except for once I think. It's always horrible weather when we play it. I remember the bathroom and huge chunks of hail coming down.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby medicinal funk » Wed May 01, 2013 7:15 am

The Donator wrote:

then we come out after a while and Rimmy just comes strolling up on his bike, rode thru the whole thing lol

sounds about right...
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 am

medicinal funk wrote:
The Donator wrote:

then we come out after a while and Rimmy just comes strolling up on his bike, rode thru the whole thing lol

sounds about right...

That's not hail, those are big chunks of space poopy!
3x state champ runner up

Postby AO » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am

It'll be a windy one. Gonna be a great night for the Nuke OS
AO

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 pm

I think nights like tonight are what make Bushwhackers special. It may have not been ideal conditions and maybe some of us would have said "awe, no disc for me tonight" but I'd take any one of the 60 plus guys who showed up tonight in a fox hole any day. This I think is what builds the camaraderie between fellow Bushwhackers, battling the elements playing this awesome game. Our scores may not be our best, but I guarantee a lot of us will shoot better next time given the same conditions.

Welcome to 2013 sutliff Bushwhackers disc golf league!
3x state champ runner up

Postby medicinal funk » Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm

WOOOOSH

thats the sound of the wind blowing my chair over
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby iowapat » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 am

3x state champ runner up wrote: Our scores may not be our best, but I guarantee a lot of us will shoot better next time given the same conditions.

This...but next time I'll be putting with a zone
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 am

Oh, and kollin, that's a 1.50 you owe me, b!tCh!
3x state champ runner up

Postby Buzzz Killington » Thu May 02, 2013 9:03 am

Zone was good to me. Putted a little with the Hornet too :shock: Yeah, you could say it was windy. It takes a day like that for me to be proud of an 8 over par!
Buzzz Killington

Postby Single L » Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:I think nights like tonight are what make Bushwhackers special. It may have not been ideal conditions and maybe some of us would have said "awe, no disc for me tonight" but I'd take any one of the 60 plus guys who showed up tonight in a fox hole any day. This I think is what builds the camaraderie between fellow Bushwhackers, battling the elements playing this awesome game. Our scores may not be our best, but I guarantee a lot of us will shoot better next time given the same conditions.

Welcome to 2013 sutliff Bushwhackers disc golf league!

What???? ...... We welcomed in the 2013 season 3 weeks ago ..... Where've you guys been for the past 3 weeks, in a bunker or something :P

Kidding aside I will agree that playing in these conditions and holding your commitment is what makes the league/family of BW's so unique and builds the camaraderie.

We've had less than stellar weather to start the 2013 BW season:
Week 1 - 39° overcast and 15 mph winds
Week 2 - 40° overcast, light snow, and 20 mph winds (felt like the low 30's)
Week 3 - 63° and 13 mph winds
Week 4 - Outlook looks like poop ..... currently a sloppy cold slushy mess
- 33° snow and 19 mph winds from the N is forecast for tee time ...... yay :evil:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby iowapat » Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Zone was good to me. Putted a little with the Hornet too :shock: Yeah, you could say it was windy. It takes a day like that for me to be proud of an 8 over par!

Nice to see I wasn't the only one that carded a snowman last night...
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids