course work

Postby AO » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Hammu installed some bad ass steps on 7A. Dude is a workhorse!
AO

Postby Discgo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 am

AO wrote:Hammu installed some bad ass steps on 7A. Dude is a workhorse!
Fun guy to disc with as well. Those steps were sweet!
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Schirm » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Discgo wrote:
AO wrote:Hammu installed some bad ass steps on 7A. Dude is a workhorse!
Fun guy to disc with as well. Those steps were sweet!

Sweet steps indeed...Played the course for the 1st time with the new 7's. I walked up the sweet steps, realized the hole had changed and couldn't find the basket so I walked down the sweet steps to get a better look at the hole. Then walked back up and threw 4 discs (awesome hole btw). Walked down and half way down the hill and realized that my cigs fell out of my pocket...by the teepad :x

After that I had to use the sweet steps as a sweet bench.

Love the new holes guys...keep up the good work!

And maybe think about an escalator between 7B and 8 :lol:
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby medicinal funk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:06 pm

put in fairway liners all the way down 13 to the green yesterday on the right side, going back to finish today and decide what to do next

once the weather gets a bit warmer i'm going to clean out the creek again and alleviate the backup at the bridge on 16
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby AO » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

We are having a work day this Saturday 10am. The plan is to spread wood chips and possibly be placing bricks for stairs and such. Matt Whitlock, from Kings Concrete, was able to get 10 or so pallets of bricks donated. The city has given us the go to use them. Now they(City) just want to meet up and see where we will be using the bricks and also when they will be shipped to Shaver.
AO

Postby KVN » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

IN
KVN

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 am

i'll be there
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 am

Adam, do you know what kind of bricks you've got? And I'm not talking about your splash out last week :) Are they blocks with a cleat on one side? Or are these actual bricks, red and rectangular? Or something else? The difference is that one will need mortar in between and the other will not. 10 pallets is a lot of blocks and even more bricks.

Take some time to read about retaining walls and erosion prevention. Usually you would quikrete a foundation, mortar the first layer, and back fill behind the wall with gravel. I doubt that will happen, due to the availability/cost of gravel. But it won't be difficult to put in small drainage pipes. Maybe we can backfill with mulch because w/o the gravel the pipes won't work. Which isn't the best substitution....any ideas what else we could use to serve the same purpose? Too much pressure behind the wall will crumble the work we've done. It also helps rather than blocking off the run-off perpendicular, to redirect the flow of the run-off on an angle.

Side note...
Please bring gloves, digging and scoop shovels, tarps (you don't mind ruining), wheelbarrows, wide pitchforks, small sections of rustproof pipe (rubber, galvanite, stainless, garden hose, etc.). Got concrete bags or extra mortar laying around?....bring em. Anyone have an atv??? Will the city let us use trucks?

This is physical works guys! Bring your friends!
Buzzz Killington

Postby AO » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Rescheduling tomorrows workday for next week. Too much snow and high winds tomorrow would really suck. The bricks won't be delivered until next week too. The bricks are used for retaining walls....I think. They probably weigh around 45 lbs a piece and I think Matt said 40 come on a pallet.
AO

Postby mattw » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 pm

The block being provided is Kingswall. They weigh in at about 65 pounds each. They lock with a lip system on the back of each block. These are not for use on retaining walls taller than 4 to 5 feet. They are also not designed to hold back large amounts of dirt. Anything taller than 4 to 5 feet needs a larger block with a grid system. The orignal intent for these was to be used for small walls, steps and some tee pad surrounds. If you guys are planning on doing some substantial retaining walls with these we should talk first. You will need to put in a solid base and some gravel backfill if you are planning on walls in that four to five foot range. Also the first course on the wall should be burried below grade so that the wall doesnt shift. If you have questions Adam and Hammy have my number.
mattw

Postby AO » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks Matt!

Wood chips are at the course...fill rock being delivered Thursday and Friday Kings Concrete will drop off the bricks. Work day will be this Saturday at 10 am. The city is all in and thanks everyone who has helped make Shaver a better park
AO

Postby AO » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:54 pm

10am Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

I also called the police and they will be making runs through the park and will keep an eye on the bricks.
AO

Postby natohammy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:35 pm

KVN wrote:IN
not
natohammy

Postby natohammy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 pm

natohammy wrote:
KVN wrote:IN
not
actually, wasnt!
natohammy

3/10/12

Postby natohammy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 pm

In no order thanks to clay nohr chase doug kaulkbrener yank frog ao conrad spang davis howell robins for showing up today. def could have been a disaster had everyone not came out and decided to bust ass like they did. cant wait to play that shit! ps, my apologies to any ones name that i might have mis-spelled and more so to anyone who showed that i might have forgotten. (im fukn whooped)
natohammy

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park