Legion in bad shape after last nights storms....

Legion in bad shape after last nights storms....

Postby Elevated » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I went to legion this morning with a buddy to play a round. After the storm that came through last night there is a lot of downed trees and debris littering the course. Hole 3s tee pad had a tree downed on it..I pushed it off to the side the best I could and cleared the rest of the pads during the round.

The power tower hole has a big tree down right on top of the A position (thankfully it was at B or the basket would be destroyed.)

Theres other random trees down everywhere and what not. Just a heads up.
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 pm

shit, i wont be back in town until after next friday and doug is out of commission for a while. hopefully the parks guys see the carnage and take care of it. but if there's any down on holes 3-12 they probably wont see it. people are welcome to chainsaw anything on the ground. be safe!
Abe Froman

Postby Elevated » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 pm

I wouldn't mind going out there and chainsawing...I have one. I just havn't had the oppurtunity at working on any courses yet and this could be a start...You sure its cooL!?
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Elevated wrote:I wouldn't mind going out there and chainsawing...I have one. I just havn't had the oppurtunity at working on any courses yet and this could be a start...You sure its cooL!?

pm me. or give me a call tomorrow after 7am

319-431-4888

and im leaving work @ 12ish tomorrow and was thinking about heading out there for a look if you would like to meet up?
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 pm

i walked 1,2,3, and drove into the back. only thing noticable was 15's short pin placement has a big hanger right by it which the city has to cut down. nobody can touch that. anything on the ground can be taken care of but call or pm first.

and i moved 1 to the short
Abe Froman

Postby Elevated » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

Yeah that was the main thing I noticed.. The tree right behind tee pad (4) is also like half down...It was on the pad but i pushed it aside...

I'll pick up larger debris if there is any left next time I play the course.

Mainly it was the big tree down on 15, the tree behind pad 4...and then some smaller branches here and there throughout the woods...probably some hangers blocking gaps here and there...

I havn't been out there in a week though. So not sure how it's lookin' now.
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Return to Cedar Rapids (Marion) - Legion Park