This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby IHearChains » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 am

Bugslayer wrote:Democracy is a b­itch, ask the old slave owners, when you own something unpopular with most of the rest of the country it goes away......that is according to the constitution!

It's not a democracy, it's a representative republic, specifically set up that way to protect those in the minority from being victimized by popularity contests (i.e. democracy).
IHearChains

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 am

it is a republic... that uses democracy at the micro level. When enough people, in enough places, decide to change it ...it changes.
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:Only 12 guns???? I've been collecting guns since I was 12. Hell, I've got 4 Safes full. Why would a guy have only 12 guns???

do you ever fill your bathtub with your guns, strip down, and submerge yourself in them?

No. I save that for people who ask me stupid questions.

It might be wise to confine one's shid talking to the internet. :idea: One unfortunate soul on this forum did it face to face, and it appears not to have ended well. I hope he makes a full recovery.

"When you call me that, smile". The Virginian
tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Assaulting someone for shit talking is bullshit. I don't care how bad the shit talk either; the response in inordinate to the offense. I've said it before, this is probably the prime reason to limit concealed carry. A few beers and a loudmouth and pretty soon someone is dead, instead of in the hospital.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby 10up » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

wait wait somebody tell the story
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Discgo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:43 pm

irban wrote:Assaulting someone for shit talking is bullshit. I don't care how bad the shit talk either; the response in inordinate to the offense. I've said it before, this is probably the prime reason to limit concealed carry. A few beers and a loudmouth and pretty soon someone is dead, instead of in the hospital.
Other's may look at it in a different light. What happened could easily have left one of our friends dead and concealed carry may have prevented it from going as far as it did.
Discgo

Postby irban » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Discgo wrote:
irban wrote:Assaulting someone for shit talking is bullshit. I don't care how bad the shit talk either; the response in inordinate to the offense. I've said it before, this is probably the prime reason to limit concealed carry. A few beers and a loudmouth and pretty soon someone is dead, instead of in the hospital.
Other's may look at it in a different light. What happened could easily have left one of our friends dead and concealed carry may have prevented it from going as far as it did.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Every situation is more dangerous with a gun. I don't want to have to carry a gun just so I'm not outmatched, and I don't want some yahoo trying to play cop or hero either.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby gocards300 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm

gocards300

Postby irban » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 pm

10up wrote:wait wait somebody tell the story

I don't actually know it. Is this to do with Lindsel maybe? I heard he got into a fight.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Yes. It was described in another thread on this forum (TPC Amana 2013). Very sad if his injuries are as severe as described.
tufluk

Postby 10up » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm

okay I read it.. so you're implying you're crazy enough to snap like a cranked up druggie?

I believe it..

you're such a f­ucking rube..
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I agree with Irban, adding a gun to any anxious situation justs makes it worse. While getting your a­ss beat sucks, as does the residue of concussions, I think I would rather live with the concussions (and I do) than killing someone because I didn't want to take a beating.

It didn't take a gun to end the above mentioned beating....it took a girlfriend! The guy was with other friends, I would be questioning why it was his girlfriend to pull said guy off and not one of them?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby gocards300 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm

I think he said his buddies left...I'd rather see one less crack head than any long term brain injuries to smart ass yankees fan
gocards300

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:40 pm

tufluk wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:Only 12 guns???? I've been collecting guns since I was 12. Hell, I've got 4 Safes full. Why would a guy have only 12 guns???

do you ever fill your bathtub with your guns, strip down, and submerge yourself in them?

It might be wise to confine one's shid talking to the internet. :idea: One unfortunate soul on this forum did it face to face, and it appears not to have ended well. I hope he makes a full recovery.

that was a joke about how you were posted about your gun collection for no reason. no need to respond like that.
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby grodney » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Anybody who thinks that beating situation is made BETTER by a gun being there is a total friggen moron, and I will tell you that over the internet or directly to your face.
grodney

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff