This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby grodney » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm

And then you'd shoot me.
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Think if you ask the Yankee fan which would suit him best....a big check or the chance to ventilate him....he'll take the check, A lot easier to live with! I don't know the guy, other than from a few posts. I'm sure he didn't deserve to take a beatdown, not for being a smartass, no-one should.

Party Rule #1...the first one you learn in the military....NEVER leave your buddies, and if your buddies leave, so should you! Usually when this rule gets broken so does one of your buddies!

But bottom line a gun would NOT of made this matter better, from the sound of it even if he was packing it wouldn't have helped....still got to get to it, to use it.

The answer to this problem lies in our past! In a time when it was common place for men to walk openly armed, and death by gunfire was rampant. The only way they could bring peace to the streets was to outlaw the wearing of guns! Every town in the west started to make people check thier guns at the edge of town.....because when you combine booze, women, gambling and guns together it NEVER works out well.
They act like arming everyone is some new kind of idea.....we tried it for 300 years and it failed miserably.

Maybe now that the world is over stressed, overpopulated, and desensitized the idea will work better this time right?....If you think so......here's your sign!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

10up wrote:okay I read it.. so you're implying you're crazy enough to snap like a cranked up druggie?

I believe it..

you're such a f­ucking rube..

I did not imply that, strange you would infer it. As a matter of fact, the temperment I've shown on this forum would indicate the opposite.

My point is, if one enters into a debate without being rude, personal, and/or mean spirited, there is seldom a need to worry about being assaulted. On the other hand, if one goes into a debate, like some on the internet are prone to do, getting personal and mean, then a fat lip could be on the menu.

"I disagree with you", vs "you're such a f­ucking rube" is an example.

My experience has shown me that those who resort to rudness or personal attack usually lack the intellect for a real debate. Just as those who sling insults at an avatar on the internet, may not have the same courage in a 1 on 1 encounter.

You've mentioned that you've been in many altercations. I'll mention that I've been in very few. Maybe there's a reason for that.

I'm not shy about heated debate or passionate discourse, but when people get crazy or rude, that's a buzz kill. There's got to be a better code of conduct, some basic etiquette. Mos Def
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Tufluk is not the type to threaten violence, pretty mellow dude overall.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:Only 12 guns???? I've been collecting guns since I was 12. Hell, I've got 4 Safes full. Why would a guy have only 12 guns???

do you ever fill your bathtub with your guns, strip down, and submerge yourself in them?

It might be wise to confine one's shid talking to the internet. :idea: One unfortunate soul on this forum did it face to face, and it appears not to have ended well. I hope he makes a full recovery.

that was a joke about how you were posted about your gun collection for no reason. no need to respond like that.

First, I didn't mention my gun collection for no reason. It was in response to irban's post citing this piece from a maddow blog: "[I]t's increasingly kind of a hobby, hobbyist fetishistic audience. It`s not your casual person who may own one shotgun. That`s not where the growth in the industry is. The growth in the industry are people who own 12 guns." My point is that a collection of 12 (or more) guns is not unusual.

Second, my response to your "joke" was one of my own: "No. I save that for people who ask me stupid questions" (about the bathtub), which you chose to edit out. (we could find you work at NBC news.)

The comment on donators situation was merely a statement about the danger of talking to real people the same way some do on the forum. I have never proffered anything that could possibly be construed as even a thinly veiled threat. Not my M.O.
I prefer to let others make themselves look foolish.

And unlike grodney, I never joke about shooting anybody. I'm a responsible firearms owner, and I conduct myself accordingly.

Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. Friedrich Nietzsche
tufluk

Postby 10up » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 pm

dude you were the one drawing the line in that comparison... I'm not sure what you think you were trying to imply.

Also, implying that a "responsible gun owner" would carry more guns than he needed is also ridiculous.

I want you to think me calling you a f­ucking rube is rude, personal, and mean-spirited. I think you're deserving with the trash you're consistently spewing and the agenda you're constantly pushing. Heed your own advice asshole.. sometimes the obvious stuff isn't what gets you in trouble.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:49 pm

10up wrote:dude you were the one drawing the line in that comparison... I'm not sure what you think you were trying to imply.

Also, implying that a "responsible gun owner" would carry more guns than he needed is also ridiculous.

I want you to think me calling you a f­ucking rube is rude, personal, and mean-spirited. I think you're deserving with the trash you're consistently spewing and the agenda you're constantly pushing. Heed your own advice asshole.. sometimes the obvious stuff isn't what gets you in trouble.

You aren't even worthy of loathing. I can only pity you. :cry:

Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedom from the opinions of others...Walter E Kurtz
tufluk

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:02 am

The far right feels like they're getting backed into a corner. These idiots decided Nullification was their best defense:
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20 ... ligion-act

"
He also described the bill as “the verge of being neo-secessionist.”

“It’s almost anti-nationalist. It has elements of not being American,” Freeze said. “I think it goes far beyond religion and frankly doesn’t have a lot to do with North Carolina or tradition.”
"
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

The problem began when one republican looked at the other and declared him a RINO (republican in name only), questioning thier loyalty to a party because they disagree with one or two talking points of the party. Takes me right to "scotty you're evil....just not evil enough, you're evil light!" :lol:

While a prime candidate is in step with the party on everything, except maybe gun control, or abortion suddenly they are a rino....LOL The Tea Party is the very demise of the GOP! While this may be only MY opinion I think far too many of the Tea Party are Americans in name only, and they continue to prove it over and over with obstructionist tactics, and ludicrous suggestions.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm

If it is the demise of the GOP, how come we can't get a damn gun law with universal background checks? The vast majority of people want it, but it's like they're are unaware of that inside the beltway. I hope we can get people voting in the mid-term who see a NO vote on gun control as a black mark on a candidate. Sickening the disproportionate influence of the NRA sheep out there. Let's show them that we're not intimidated when they do shit like this...
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 pm

How can they? One word Gerrymandering!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Bugslayer wrote:How can they? One word Gerrymandering!

Hard to believe a guy from IL 17th district could accuse the other side of gerrymandering. Could not have had a straight face whilst typing that one.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 am

LOL..you're talk of illinois gerrymandering would carry a bit more water if we didn't just fire the GOP waste of space Shilling in this area. When the Illinois GOP leave the state in protest over the redrawing of lines THEN you may speak of Illinois gerrymandering. The ONLY reason the house is still GOP is gerrymandering....they have to.

Cmon Tuf....we have all seen this before! A white minority, desperate to hold on to it's political power that it started rewriting election laws, living off of propaganda, and using it's wealth to hold the majority back......APARTHEID. The age old GOP strategy of divide and conquer isn't working anymore.....can't deny your lies when they are on You-Tube, and because over 47% of the people do have access to the internet it continues to kill the GOP in national elections.

Eventually it comes down to math Tuf (not a favorite of the GOP) You only see white people at GOP rallies, 40% of whites are democrats, whites will be a minority in the near future? w How do you read this writing on the wall Tuf? Most smart GOPers see it as change or die....not the Tea Party! They double down ...if they keep it up they will go the way of Apartheid, pulled down by the folk they were holding down.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby grodney » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 am

irban wrote:If it is the demise of the GOP, how come we can't get a damn gun law with universal background checks? The vast majority of people want it, but it's like they're are unaware of that inside the beltway. I hope we can get people voting in the mid-term who see a NO vote on gun control as a black mark on a candidate. Sickening the disproportionate influence of the NRA sheep out there. Let's show them that we're not intimidated when they do shit like this...

Wow. Speaking of guns and speaking of stupid N.C. legislators, get this one:

This week an NC legislator introduced HB518 which would exempt from Federal Law “a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition” manufactured in North Carolina and “that remains exclusively within the borders of North Carolina”. Further, it makes it a state crime for any N.C. public servant – that includes police and judges – to enforce or try to enforce any federal law regarding such firearms and ammunition made in the state and that stays within its borders.

In other words, these gun people are so scared that Evil Obama is coming to take their guns that they are essentially trying to secede. "If we make our guns and keep them in our state, then your Federal laws don't count, and anybody who tries to enforce them is breaking the law."
grodney

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff