This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Concerned? No...they KNOW it will work! It will also expose them on the fact that the public option would have worked even better! Will the trailer courts empty out to vote for the GOP when they are getting healthcare for first time? The GOP maintained that corporations were people and that money equaled free speech.....they better hope they can start voting or they could be in a lot of trouble :lol:
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:56 pm

How to tell if your dog is involved in a sex scandal

hee hee
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:39 am

Congrats Tea Party! Despite losing 2 elections that were about Obamacare, they took it to the Supreme Court claiming it was unconstitutional....lost there. Now they are trying to blackmail the government into doing what the minority wants....do they not understand democracy or do they just not like it also? The GOP did the same thing to Social Security.....was working great and making them look bad....so they flush a bunch of people into it that did not pay into it (Farmers).....then they took the SS funds and let the government spend it....so they can scream about it not working now....sweet.

Anything to keep the rich getting richer and the poor "in their place"....but it is starting to get far to obvious, and it WILL come back and bite you in the A­ss....think you to a "knackering" last election it will be far worst next time......President Hillary? ROTFL bet that will stick in your craw :shock:

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

Bugslayer wrote:Congrats Tea Party! Despite losing 2 elections that were about Obamacare, they took it to the Supreme Court claiming it was unconstitutional....lost there. Now they are trying to blackmail the government into doing what the minority wants....do they not understand democracy or do they just not like it also? The GOP did the same thing to Social Security.....was working great and making them look bad....so they flush a bunch of people into it that did not pay into it (Farmers).....then they took the SS funds and let the government spend it....so they can scream about it not working now....sweet.

Anything to keep the rich getting richer and the poor "in their place"....but it is starting to get far to obvious, and it WILL come back and bite you in the A­ss....think you to a "knackering" last election it will be far worst next time......President Hillary? ROTFL bet that will stick in your craw :shock:

Same thing with public pension funds everywhere. They rob the money out then say it's not sustainable. These funds would be solvent if not for the theft and lack of funding despite the law. I don't understand why they are not all in prison.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 am

or at least hunted openly :evil:

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Obama tilts playing field to One Percent
1:00 am detroitnews.com

Barack Obama has won two presidential elections promising that he had the best policies to make the U.S. economy work — not just for the wealthy, but also for the middle class and poor. So how is it that his presidency has seen unprecedented erosion in both American household income and the gap between rich and poor?

Consider the president’s visit with San Francisco billionaire hedge-fund manager and green activist Thomas Steyer this April.

Steyer is a staunch opponent of the Keystone XL Pipeline which, despite its promises of 20,000 jobs, he considers to be threat to global climate change. Thanks in part to swanky fundraisers in Steyer’s estate overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, One Percent greens have gotten their way at the expense of 99 Percenters from union workers to Michigan valve makers.

When government remakes industries like energy and health care and concentrates more power in Washington, it tilts the playing field to the rich and well-connected who, like Tom Steyer, who can afford to lobby for their special interest. Welcome to the Obameconomy.

The yawning gap between rich and poor is also the result of Treasury/Federal Reserve policies during the 2008 financial panic that stabilized Wall Street and have restored stock prices to record highs. Since the rich tend to hold their wealth in assets, those polices have benefited them. The middle-class and poor, by contrast, gain their wealth from jobs — which have suffered from an activist White House agenda that has favored Washington regulators over job creators.

According to Sentier Research, median real household income is 5 percent lower than when the Great Recession ended in June 2009. The decline has actually been steeper during the Obama recovery than in the Bush recession. Meanwhile, reports the Associated Press, “the gap in employment rates between America’s highest- and lowest-income families has stretched to its widest levels since officials began tracking the data a decade ago.”

“The folks in the middle and at the bottom haven’t seen wage or income growth,” President Obama told ABC this month as if he were an innocent bystander to the U.S. economy.

But his initiatives have been a key driver of income inequality.

A Gallup poll of 600 small companies under $20 million this summer found 41 percent have frozen hiring due to the president’s signature achievement, Obamacare. But Big Hospital and Big Pharma, with their armies of government lobbyists, have thrived with hospitals due to reap $2 billion in Michigan alone from Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion.

In the energy sector, thousands of coal miners have lost their jobs as the Obama administration has waged a War on Carbon. In favoring green alternatives, the administration has showered wealthy pals like Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Fisker Automotive investors with hundreds of millions in taxpayer loans. And for the well-to-do buyers of their Obama-preferred, $100,000 chariots? They get a further $7,500 taxpayer subsidy.

The ripples from hedge-fund billionaire Steyer’s anti-Keystone energy crusade are being felt in Michigan, where unemployment has risen to 9 percent. “Our valves are used extensively in the facilities on both ends of the pipelines,” said Keith Stelter, president of Delta Industrial Valves in Niles, in Congressional testimony this spring. “If the Keystone XL pipeline can be built, I would see my company probably doubling in size over the next 10 years.”

“Too many hard-working Americans are out of work, and the Keystone XL Pipeline will change that dire situation for thousands of them,” testified David Milano of Laborers’ International Union of North America. But White House cronies have stifled development.

Indeed, the unions, minorities, and youth that swept Obama to power that have suffered most from his anti-growth agenda. AP reports that black workers are the most underemployed in the U.S., and unemployment among youth under 25 is 15.6 percent.

Maybe Thomas Steyer could host a fundraiser for them at his San Francisco estate?
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 pm

wow...the keystone pipeline? REALLY bad idea and piss poor placement! over the aquifer in Nebraska? the same one that feeds most of that areas water needs? Yes we should trust big oil....they would never lie to us...or shift the blame when disaster does hit! The water supply in that area has already been compromised by the fracking solutions getting in the flood waters! We should trust them nothing will happen right?

The UNs recent paper shows there is absolutely Global warming and we are ABSOLUTELY responsible....no more fact denying, no more big oil buying doubt. Maybe it is time to listen to the green movement, or should we continue to ignore the facts that big oil is killing our world, and the GOP insists on continuing to subsidize them! There damn sure better be a war on carbon! We need to find the way to win that war and soon! "The Ostrich Policy" of sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring or worst yet outright denying the problem hasn't and won't work. You seem outraged at a subsidy for buying the new Tesla? but were you for the subsidies to buy a big truck or SUV when Bush did it? Heaven forbid we give people a subsidy for not polluting the world, they sell too many of them damn things and Tesla might start to make them cheaper, wouldn't that bite the GOPs owners in the butt! people start buying them "merican" made non oil burners and who will buy them future elections?

You refer to the "well to do buyers' of these $100,000 chariots? ROTFL but how do you refer to them "good ole boy" republicans who go out and buy a new Power stroke F 450 diesel with the stacks and big tires for a hefty $63,000? it gets about 8 miles a gallon, so they can pull their $200,000 camper from trailer park to trailer park? haven't seen any of those Teslas yet....dodge those damn trucks and campers every time I try to go ANYWHERE!

You may dislike the green movement Gene, but they are only trying to make things better....instead of big oil...who are just trying to make a buck! There is not a sound argument to subsidize big oil companies who are making record profits and literally take that money from the mouths of hungry poor people.....shame on them, and shame on anyone who thinks it is right!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby 10up » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 pm

yep, he's an asshole

Quick reference for anybody watching:

The pipeline he's talking about defensively and in support of is what the company SunCor (Denver power provider, go figure) is lobbying for in our government, in order to start extracting in the Oil Sands they own in Canada. For some reason, they think a market for their product needs to be supplied to them.. but that's really beside the point.

Extraction from Oil Sands is about 25% worse for the environment than any other methods, and less effective. Allowing them to build this pipeline would essentially be pissing away the last 30 years in any field of science dealing with sustainability, environments, and economics.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 pm

It's crazy that as I see the economy moving forward (construction contractors building, semi tractors all over the interstate, less concern in general about spending money) the re pubs dig their heels in and kick the ball into the weeds. The system is broken and can only be fixed by those who broke it. #wonthappen
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby irban » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 pm

A friend of mine paraphrased this situation perfectly

Can I burn your house down?

No!

Just the 2nd floor?

No!

The garage?

No!

Lets talk about what I can burn down!

No!

You won't negotiate!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:38 am

I looked outside. Didn't see anything burning.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Sure you do Tuf! The bridges that the GOP are burning with the American people, and so are some of the other GOP reps! The way to repeal Obamacare is to get the MAJORITY in both houses and a GOP president and do it the way it is supposed to be done! But the facts are that the GOP can't do the above in the near future, and the longer they continue this the LESS chance they have of pulling it off! :lol:

Question: If you run out the "Rinos" as the tea party has what do you expect them to do? Do you believe they will turn more reactionary so they can be a "good" republican? or do you think they will go towards a more moderate agenda as I have? Every time Cruz or Palin open their pie holes they push me further and further towards the Dems! I have considered myself a moderate Independent, I have NEVER held ANY party affiliation, but after the last 8 years and the way the GOP is leaning? I may well find myself working for a democratic campaign in 2016!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby 10up » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 am

Bugslayer wrote:Question: If you run out the "Rinos" as the tea party has what do you expect them to do? Do you believe they will turn more reactionary so they can be a "good" republican? or do you think they will go towards a more moderate agenda as I have? Every time Cruz or Palin open their pie holes they push me further and further towards the Dems! I have considered myself a moderate Independent, I have NEVER held ANY party affiliation, but after the last 8 years and the way the GOP is leaning? I may well find myself working for a democratic campaign in 2016!

I don't generally care to involve in these but... honestly, how can anyone hold the thought that the GOP has ever been moderate? Ever? I'm thankfully not the oldest here, by far, but my entire life all I remember is ridiculous policies being pushed by the GOP. Now.. I know the excuse has always been "the GOP is being taken hostage by _______?" (insert some group that the GOP have created themselves)

The Moral Majority, Christian Coalition, Neocons, the ridiculous Contract with America, the tea baggers??

Come the f­uck on ...whatever manifestation it's taking, it's the same rhetoric being used to funnel money from the people to the corporations (and owners of said corporations)

It's not a coincidence that every "extreme but trendy" political group seems to support exactly what the GOP wants to do (and are generally full of members already registered as GOP). It's their goal.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby tufluk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am

Your "Moderate" is my "Extreme". It's all POV.

AND, the Dems have never been "taken hostage" by ________________. (insert some group that the Dems have created themselves.)

Unions, Planned Parenthood, GLAD, NAACP, Greenpeace, PETA, Bloomberg's anti-gun group.
tufluk

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff