This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby dx_pete » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Maaan. I leave for 2 years and come back to the same ad hominem. I see none of you got your hugs yet, too. Cranky cranky.
dx_pete
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Politicians lie, they have since the beginning of politics. Tuf would you vote for a GOP candidate who told you straight up, I'm not for you, I'm for the rich guys who put me here! I vote for more military appropriations not because I believe in a stronger nation but I believe in having a stronger bank account.....they pay me to vote this way! Those family values I keep spouting about....I forget all about them when I bed down my gay lover! :shock:

Don't get your panties in a bunch about politicians lying Tuf....you should worry far more that your Press is lying to you! The press is supposed to tell us what is going on.....not serve as a propaganda tool. The minute guys like Rush start telling you the truth he losses listeners.....he tells them what they want to hear and they pay him well for the service!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Sherrard IL.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 am

Rush is not the Press. He's an entertainer. I know the difference.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:46 am

tufluk wrote: I know the difference.

Many don't. In fact people don't know what journalism is. Or more likely, it is just more comforting to listen to someone support their preconceived notions of the truth; who makes them feel better about the bad result of voting decisions they've made for instance. :P

And fox news is not the press either.
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Nor is any member of talk radio (whichever side they take) 3 years ago they were the sports guy, if this show doesn't work they will be doing traffic reports! many don't believe what they are shoveling....ask anyone who has worked in radio! DJs don't play what they like....they play what they get paid to play!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Sherrard IL.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:17 am

Bugslayer wrote:ask anyone who has worked in radio! DJs don't play what they like....they play what they get paid to play!


Since they are all employees.... Hell, I used to assemble combines. I wanted to build trains, but the boss wouldn't have it.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 pm

exactly my friend! so when that talking head on whatever talk shows you listen to says something, understand he says it because he has to, not because he believes that tripe!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Sherrard IL.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:42 am

Unless he/she does. Not sure Ed Shultz is a closet conservative, or Hannity is really a big lib. I say things, and I'm sure as hell not getting paid! Maybe someone's cutting you a check.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:27 am

I get checks cut to me everyday Tuf....but none for talking!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Sherrard IL.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Huh? I thought we learned from the duck dynasty affair that withdrawing support due to expressions of racist opinions, violates the right of free speech. Well, I'm sure sarah palin and bobby jindal are still on board with bundy the racist welfare rancher.

‘let me tell you another thing I know about the Negro’
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby dx_pete » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:38 am

No kidding. But they could have just sent John Kerry instead of the 200 Federales.
dx_pete
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:41 am

or send 20000 federales and make a meal out of them! How many whack jobs went away with David Koresh?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Sherrard IL.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:16 am

Holder said there weren't enough kids to make a barbeque worthwhile.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 am

tufluk wrote:Holder said there weren't enough kids to make a barbeque worthwhile.


Or didn't feel like giving the domestic terrorists in our country a reason to blow up a federal building somewhere, even though I think they've moved the daycares away from the street by now. Or maybe they would have felt better about picking off a few militia dicks if they didn't have to avoid the wives the brave patriots were putting on the front line. Every one of those butt fucks pointing guns at federal officers that day should be in jail.

Can you say Posse Comitatus?
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:53 am

irban wrote:
tufluk wrote:Holder said there weren't enough kids to make a barbeque worthwhile.


Or didn't feel like giving the domestic terrorists in our country a reason to blow up a federal building somewhere, even though I think they've moved the daycares away from the street by now. Or maybe they would have felt better about picking off a few militia dicks if they didn't have to avoid the wives the brave patriots were putting on the front line. Every one of those butt fucks pointing guns at federal officers that day should be in jail.

Can you say Posse Comitatus?


edit: That reminds me, Randy Weaver was also willng to give his wife for the cause. (too soon?)
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron