You got questions? Someone probably has the answer

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Detra319 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 am

SARG27044 wrote:
chez29009 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Alrighty.... I got a samsung HT-C6600 3D Blu Ray/ home theater system and I was wondering if its possible to hook up my xbox 360 to it, so I can use the speakers for surround sound while I play... Is this possible? It has 2 hdmi IN, and 1 out. I have the dish connected with a digital audio plug, and the hdmi out is to my tv.

Go to page 37 of the manual and try switching the HDMI audio to off. This should make the sound come through the speakers. The xbox should be connected to the tv hdmi and switch the theater system to tv. If that doesn't work you might need to get a audio cable and connect it from the audio out of the tv and into the component audio in on the back of the theater system. You probably need an audio cable with the red and white plugs on one end and a headphones jack on the other. That's how my Samsung tv hooks up to my amplifier. Hope this helps
Yeah thanx for the help...But it didnt work. Its my TV. Its a older pos. It does not have an audio plug in the back. I can have either my direct tv, xbox, ps3 playing thru the speakers, but not all, without having to switch around cords. Ill just have to wait til I get a nicer TV. Mines not bad, just a cheap and older Magnavox I got at Sams club.

Get a reciever and run everything through that, and have that run through the TV.
Detra319

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 am

I bought one...but it was a cheap one and didnt have enough hdmi hook ups... So I went out and bought another one. A much nicer pioneer. And that still wont work. Its the hook ups on my tv that are the problem I think. I have plenty of hdmi's (4) but no audio only jack that Ive seen on most tv's. Anyone want a cheap Insignia receiver? :lol: 20 bucks. only been used 3 times

Weaver( my roomate) has pretty much the same receiver, but a better tv, and his shit works. Hes looked at mine and thats the only difference we can see.

So I currently am not even using my pioneer receiver. Just a blu ray player/ home theater system with my direct tv connected to that so I can use the speakers while watching tv
SARG27044

Postby irban » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:01 pm

SARG27044 wrote:I bought one...but it was a cheap one and didnt have enough hdmi hook ups... So I went out and bought another one. A much nicer pioneer. And that still wont work. Its the hook ups on my tv that are the problem I think. I have plenty of hdmi's (4) but no audio only jack that Ive seen on most tv's. Anyone want a cheap Insignia receiver? :lol: 20 bucks. only been used 3 times

Weaver( my roomate) has pretty much the same receiver, but a better tv, and his shit works. Hes looked at mine and thats the only difference we can see.

So I currently am not even using my pioneer receiver. Just a blu ray player/ home theater system with my direct tv connected to that so I can use the speakers while watching tv

Is there an optical out from the TV? That is what I have between my soundbar and TV, though it only works when I have the Wii or DVD player running, not the dish.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:13 pm

No, it doesnt. And thats what im thinking the problem is. Its all good. Ive tried everything I can with what I have. I can use the surround thru everything, but have to unplug a cord and move it to what device I want to use...Annoying, but im planning on getting a nicer TV with my tax returns.
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm

What kind of TV do you have? Is it the one in your living room? If so im in the market for a decent sized HD flatscreen...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 pm

The Donator wrote:What kind of TV do you have? Is it the one in your living room? If so im in the market for a decent sized HD flatscreen...
Magnavox. I would recommend a different brand... And technically, I dont own it. Bought it at Sam's for the coffee shop 2 years ago...and I stole it and havent given it back :lol: But we decided not to use it in the shop once we found out what those crooks were gonna charge a buisness for cable....Try bribbing Grants fiancee. she can get a hell of a deal at Best Buy :wink:
SARG27044

Postby anubis080 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm

The Donator wrote:What kind of TV do you have? Is it the one in your living room? If so im in the market for a decent sized HD flatscreen...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6889101248

best picture I have personally seen on a good sized tv. blacks are ridiculously dark. Rivals my OLED on my phone.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 am

After a little messing around last nght I also found out the PS3 will not work through a samsung H.T. system :roll: Do they really hate each other that much? My Xbox works and so does my direct TV but not a Sony PS3...Chuckin HATERS :lol:
SARG27044

Postby grodney » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Man, I have a weird one.

On my home PC I can't get to www.bleacherreport.com using Chrome. It just sits there, often saying "waiting for www.bleacherreport.com".

However, it opens fine in Internet Explorer.

Worked fine in Chrome on this PC until a few weeks ago.

Also, on my laptop, which is on the same home wireless network, I CAN get to it in Chrome.

So what gives? I tried disabling Norton, and also Windows firewall, with no luck. I also cleared the adobe cache via Chrome, and also emptied the cache and cleared browser history in Chrome.

Other ideas?
grodney

Postby anubis080 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm

grodney wrote:Man, I have a weird one.

On my home PC I can't get to www.bleacherreport.com using Chrome. It just sits there, often saying "waiting for www.bleacherreport.com".

However, it opens fine in Internet Explorer.

Worked fine in Chrome on this PC until a few weeks ago.

Also, on my laptop, which is on the same home wireless network, I CAN get to it in Chrome.

So what gives? I tried disabling Norton, and also Windows firewall, with no luck. I also cleared the adobe cache via Chrome, and also emptied the cache and cleared browser history in Chrome.

Other ideas?

It may be as simple as your cache is completely full on chrome. Wrench, options, clear browsing data. Then restart Chrome and let me know. It works perfectly fine on my end.
anubis080

Postby grodney » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am

Here's a dumb question: When my current android phone contract is up (with AT&T) and I upgrade to a new android device, can I still operate my old phone as an MP3 player?
grodney

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 am

grodney wrote:Here's a dumb question: When my current android phone contract is up (with AT&T) and I upgrade to a new android device, can I still operate my old phone as an MP3 player?

yes.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby grodney » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 am

Sweet. How about play the games that are on it?

I think I just found my daughter's xmas present!
grodney

Postby anubis080 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:05 am

grodney wrote:Sweet. How about play the games that are on it?

I think I just found my daughter's xmas present!

You can still play the games on it as well. As far as I know, it does not matter if you have multiple android devices with the same Gmail account, unlike Apple products.

You would just need wifi to be able to download the games etc. and any games that require internet usage.
anubis080

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:47 am

It'll still be usable as an "ipod" type device, not an 'iphone' since the service will be moved to your new phone.
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff