Top 50 courses of 2012

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Clue » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Lost in all of this is that I think it's pretty impressive that we have 3 courses in the top 50. I think we'd actually have a lot more, but whenever anyone ranks courses around here they compare them to so many other good courses that if you ranked them against average courses around the country they would score a lot higher which means we're a victim of our own success.

Also, I'd love to see 3 different categories on dgcr. One category for touring pros, one for seasoned tournamen players of all levels, and one for recreational players. There are plenty of people that are gonna tear down really good courses because they are too hard for them and vice versa.
Clue

Postby cgkdisc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Part of the problem with DGCR rankings is that courses intended for different playing levels are thrown together on the same list. Ideally, I would have a separate list for Gold courses, Blue level, Old school mostly Par 3 and Recreational courses. Flip City fits on the Old School Mostly Par 3 list, Idlewild, Selah, WR Jackson, Pickard, HB and LL Gold on gold list with Blueberry, Granite, Steady Ed and most of the tournament courses in the Twin Cities and Des Mones area on the blue level.
cgkdisc

Postby Clue » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 am

I smell an SSA discussion (slits throat!)....
Clue

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 am

Clue wrote:Also, I'd love to see 3 different categories on dgcr. One category for touring pros, one for seasoned tournamen players of all levels, and one for recreational players. There are plenty of people that are gonna tear down really good courses because they are too hard for them and vice versa.

you can sort the reviews by years played, number of courses played, and whether or not they are a "trusted reviewer".
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby grodney » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 am

Clue wrote:So that makes me curious about the rest of his top 20. Where it at, G?

Well, I almost purposely didn't post it, because he has a Highbridge course at #4. I have NO IDEA why he has it there, as it's certainly an outlier at only 3.75 or so on DGCR. You'd have to ask him. Maybe he had a special experience there. Or something.

Oh, and he has Lemon Lake Gold at #115, although keeping in mind he said 40 through 115 aren't in any particular order.

Anywayssssssss, here is his top 115:
http://buskingtheworld.com/blog/?p=1651
grodney

Postby grodney » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 am

I really MUST get down to Augusta and play those 3 courses at the IDGC. I hate myself for not.
grodney

Postby 1semenking » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

grodney wrote:I really MUST get down to Augusta and play those 3 courses at the IDGC. I hate myself for not.

The Hippodrome isn't my favorite all-around course, but definitely the most fun to play. The Hogback is just intense with all of the natural obstacles. Would love to make it back there some time.
1semenking

Postby Sprague » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm

grodney wrote:I really MUST get down to Augusta and play those 3 courses at the IDGC. I hate myself for not.

You won't be disappointed...I was there for the Grand Opening in 2007, but have not been back - I'll bet it's much cleaner now.

Hippo is a fun track too, Augusta has fun courses!
Sprague

Previous

Return to Stuff