Prodigy

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Detra319 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:
Than what was the rookie mistake? Getting caught?

Yep. You don't see Innova having this issue and they have plenty of discs out of spec. Discraft doesn't have this issue cuz they know how to run their machines.[/quote]

Really, then how do I have 3 wasps that are all over 180g? Including the wasp I got my first tournament ace with.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am

well you obviously got that ace due to it being heavy..../sarcasm
:lol:
GDL17921

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

One of the other issues with the current PDGA rule is that discs have been found to pick up 4 grams of weight from soaking in water. Even if you buy a disc within the max weight standards, soak it in a pond and retrieve it a week or two later and it will likely be heavier.
cgkdisc

Postby Discgo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 am

cgkdisc wrote:One of the other issues with the current PDGA rule is that discs have been found to pick up 4 grams of weight from soaking in water. Even if you buy a disc within the max weight standards, soak it in a pond and retrieve it a week or two later and it will likely be heavier.

Is that a post-production modification, an overweight disc or is it good to go?
Discgo

Postby Detra319 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am

GDL17921 wrote:well you obviously got that ace due to it being heavy..../sarcasm

Thats what I am saying...I watched someone get their nugget split open by a putter drop putted from 20 feet away. Flexibility standards are NOT going to save someone, I am sorry. This seems like one of the biggest wastes of time I have ever seen on this board. Players are not responsible for discs being overweight, that is just ridiculous. If the disc is not modified by the player, then they should be able to use it. Obviously the PDGA needs a better system in place to encourage the disc makers to comply with weight standards. If there is no punishment for the company, why are they even going to give more than a cursory glance at the weight of the disc? The PDGA needs more teeth and the players need to just let this one go...its just going to hurt people, not HELP anyone.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby IHearChains » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 am

Detra319 wrote:I watched someone get their nugget split open by a putter drop putted from 20 feet away. Flexibility standards are NOT going to save someone, I am sorry.

not when there are razor blades mounted in the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxgxa1GJlnI
IHearChains

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am

Discgo wrote:
cgkdisc wrote:One of the other issues with the current PDGA rule is that discs have been found to pick up 4 grams of weight from soaking in water. Even if you buy a disc within the max weight standards, soak it in a pond and retrieve it a week or two later and it will likely be heavier.

As the rules are now, if the water weight puts what was a legal weight disc overweight, it become at least temporarily illegal. You can try to heat and evaporate the water back out to get it back in spec.
cgkdisc

Postby Discgo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 am

cgkdisc wrote:
Discgo wrote:

As the rules are now, if the water weight puts what was a legal weight disc overweight, it become at least temporarily illegal. You can try to heat and evaporate the water back out to get it back in spec.
Great, now manufacturers have an excuse not to replace overweight discs.
Discgo

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am

It's your retailer (or TD) who players should be dealing with to get new discs replaced that were found to be overweight. Many resellers are now weighing their discs and adding their own weight marking which would presumably reduce the chances you get a new overweight disc.
cgkdisc

Postby Like_Water » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 am

Different plastics will absorb moisture. Some, like UHMW, can absorb up to 15% their original weight. I'd bet on a humid day your disc weighs more than than it would outside today.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 pm

yet another reason the World event was a bad idea. All those guys in humid climates with their .8 gram heavier discs. How unfair! :lol:
GDL17921

Postby irban » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Detra319 wrote: Including the wasp I got my first tournament ace with.

Ummm, if I was there, I want my dollar back Mark McGuire.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Discgo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm

irban wrote:
Detra319 wrote: Including the wasp I got my first tournament ace with.

Ummm, if I was there, I want my dollar back Mark McGuire.

Discgo

Postby FB32992 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Detra319 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:
Than what was the rookie mistake? Getting caught?

Yep. You don't see Innova having this issue and they have plenty of discs out of spec. Discraft doesn't have this issue cuz they know how to run their machines.

Really, then how do I have 3 wasps that are all over 180g? Including the wasp I got my first tournament ace with.[/quote]

Just because they are more than 180 doesnt necessarly make it illegal.the max weight on a mold depends on the circumference of the disc. Not forsure on the wasp. Just my 2 cents
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby irban » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 pm

FB32992 wrote:Just because they are more than 180 doesnt necessarly make it illegal.the max weight on a mold depends on the circumference of the disc. Not forsure on the wasp. Just my 2 cents

Bet it's 180. Same as a Roc?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff