Frustration in finding if courses are open or playable

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: Frustration in finding if courses are open or playable

Postby The Donator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:26 am

MarkDSM wrote:A buddy had business this morning in Davenport and decided to hit a course on the way home to Des Moines. He stopped in North Liberty to try Sugar Bottom and found it closed. Same thing with Turkey Creek (?) He was super bummed out.

Thats a pain in the buns.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Forest City

Postby strokersix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 am

Going on a road trip next week and wanted to stop in Forest City on my way. Sent an email To Dale Jordal asking whether the course is playable and he responded within a day. Thanks Dale!
strokersix

Postby 1semenking » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

And there is the answer!! Give yourself plenty of time to make plans and you will get responses. It is hard for me to get frustrated when I am the cause of the problem. To think that my lack of planning means every one must cater to me is ridiculous. Can't be pissed off or even "frustrated" about not getting info on short notice. If your playing on a whim, then find what is available and go there. Don't try to find everything and choose where you want to go.

Appears that it took about three hours on this site to get all the info necessary. I suggest using questions instead of trying to research anything.
1semenking

Postby Crager » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Wildcat Bluff is always open!
When the gate is closed you walk in.
Pads are always shoveled within a day or two after every snow.
This winter we have 24 baskets and a pole for a 25 hole course, perfect for our games of 5 man Wolf!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Previous

Return to Stuff