Larping on Saturdays

Larping on Saturdays

Postby IowaCharlie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 pm

There is a group of LARPers that play by the parking lot eveyry Saturday. They are all friendly, and they say that they always bring extra stuff, so stop by and try not to laugh at them too hard, and maybe even try it out. It was really kinda fun to hack away at my golf buddy for a bit.
IowaCharlie

Postby Nitsud » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 am

These guys have been there quite awhile and I've seen their group get bigger and bigger as more people become interested and get involved. Every Saturday I see them it brings a smile to my face knowing they are having a blast. It's unfortunate when I hear pricks driving by shouting things at them, but it is clear that it does not bother them.

I don't want to get into a nerd battle or anything, but I don't think they are actual larpers.
I play the game, but I don't keep score. I can't win or lose.
Nitsud

Postby IowaCharlie » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Actually they are not. Real LARPers use little bags of stuff and shout spells at each other. I did participate in the nerd battle for a bit, and it really was a blast. Really though, if you were a kid again (or even just off the main road a bit) can you think of anything more fun than hacking someone to pieces with a foam sword? I gotta give these guys big respect for NOT caring about the douchebags that do hurl their insults at them because they are not secure enough to just go have a good time.
IowaCharlie

Return to Davenport - Eastern Avenue