Westlake Installation

Westlake Installation

Postby SoCal19 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Just curious when the work to get this course installed is going to start. Is it going to be playable before the rumble? Chad?
SoCal19

Postby batlord » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:38 am

Thanks for asking. The money has been been approved by the Scott County Conservation Board for the permanent course. However, the money doesn't actually materialize until the start of their fiscal year, which I believe is June 1 (right after the Rumble). So unfortunately, the course for this year's River Cities Rumble will be a temporary layout - however, on a good note, the park wants to tournament layout to be the permanent course, so with very few exceptions, the dessign will be identical to what people have played thus far.

The course will be playable and staked and marked out before the Mother's Day weekend. We should have the baskets all set up on the friday before the event as well. (There's even talk of some doubles being played - but I'm not running that whole thing, so I'm not sure if it's just a rumor or not).

That being said, I do intend to have a few "trial run" tours out there. Just some casual rounds (with or without baskets). I'll try to get them set in advance so people can plan on it. We did a few of these last year with varied attendance (and weather). But with this being an A-tier event, it might bring in some numbers. Now we'll worry about bringing in baskets for those days...
batlord

Return to Davenport - West Lake