park conditions

park conditions

Postby WaterlooChainSeeker » Sun May 20, 2007 1:38 pm

I am coming down to des moines to play on Monday May 21. Wondering what the local accessment of this course was.
The ability to drive 400 is great...
The ability to putt 4 from 30 ... not so great!
WaterlooChainSeeker

Postby mattmelcher » Sun May 20, 2007 7:06 pm

Played it today - Condition is great. They just mulched around some of the baskets and some of the tee's. There is some wet ground in different areas of the park but nothing that should cause you any grief. Enjoy your round!
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby Buzzznation » Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 am

As long as you don't try to drive your vehicle downt the fairway of hole #7 you should be good to go. Conditions are great, and the scenery doesn't get much better around this time of year.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Nice course

Postby WaterlooChainSeeker » Wed May 23, 2007 3:07 am

My friend and I shot Ewing park on Monday the 21st probably around 2pm. I have to say that it was a very nice course with great signs and well kept througout. Trash was very little to none on most holes and the elevation on this course really is a nice change to a waterloo disc golfer. We assumed that you play ever hole par 3 from A or B on every hole as the signs were not marked, Am i correct? The wind was huge that day which was kind of a downer but still great to play. Number 10 was my only glory shot of the day as when i stepped up to tee off i caught a heavy back and to the left sidewind and with that elevation i was up and down in 2 with my TeeRex that i then lost 2 holes later into the woods on what i believe was 12, the hole that plays along the road with the woods to the right. Anyway just wondering what a average score from B option without wind conditions is on that course figuring par is 54? if a waterloo boy doesnt pass out on the walk up and down those ewing hills.
The ability to drive 400 is great...
The ability to putt 4 from 30 ... not so great!
WaterlooChainSeeker

Return to Des Moines - Ewing Park