Bees Nest

Bees Nest

Postby JBOCK » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm

On the walk path across the road, 20ft short of pad there is a root with a hole in it that has become a BEE NEST! Walk to right table to use pad.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Re: Bees Nest

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:41 pm

uh yeah i awoke them by stepping on it by accident and got stung looked back and there was 100 of em i ran like a biatch sssss.then a dog with a group walked up on em and quickly retreated stung up . they must feel safe there with tommy
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby tufluk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Happened at Cam 2. Wait until dusk, spray entire contents of wasp/hornet spray into hole, then cover. Some would use a powdered insecticide and let them track it in.
tufluk

Postby irban » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 pm

If they are actual honey bees, don't kill them. Contact a beekeeper to remove them. Too many bees dying already.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby mchoser » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 pm

good comment . bees are very important, hell of alot more important than disc golf for sure.
mchoser

Postby tufluk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 am

You call the beekeeper, I don't have his number. I'm not willing to risk a kid (or adult) going into anaphylactic shock over a few bees. I'm spraying (have sprayed) when I see them.
tufluk

Postby The Donator » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 am

Don't hold bumblebees by their wings. They will sting you. Trust me.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby tufluk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 am

Oh, and wasp's nests on the Credit Island benches... Sprayed them too, after Caleb and I got stung.
tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:59 pm

tufluk wrote:You call the beekeeper, I don't have his number. I'm not willing to risk a kid (or adult) going into anaphylactic shock over a few bees. I'm spraying (have sprayed) when I see them.

Really? No qualms about disregarding peoples safety in the name of wringing out every last spec of 2nd amend "rights" in the gun debate, but find bees too dangerous to drop a dime on? Bees are truly indispensible, and are dying at an alarming rate.

Seriously, we should call the city. I bet they have a line on a bee guy of some type.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby tufluk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am

Exactly what danger to the public safety arises from my lawful ownership, and use of firearms? And/or my support of the second amendment? Ask our crew about the danger of working on the course and stumbling upon a nest of ground bees. To some, a sting in the woods without an epi pen can mean real trouble. The issue of colony collapse has nothing to do with eliminating an occasional nest of ground bees on a disc golf course, and only an imbecile could somehow bring the second amendment into this discussion. Unless, of course, you consider a can of Raid to be a firearm.

To be honest, I really expected you to compare me with Assad for my use of chemical weapons.
tufluk

Postby irban » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:08 am

More guns, more risk of gun violence. Easier access, more possibility of some cowboy or idiot or psycho getting one. Plain and simple.

I guess your attitude doesn't surprise me though. Self centered application of force and destruction without regard to long term consequences is the merican way.

Bees rule!
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby tufluk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:49 pm

I'll plead guilty to that one. I'm an American.
tufluk

Return to Des Moines - Grandview Park