Today's Round

Today's Round

Postby mattmelcher » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:54 pm

Met up with a couple guys and played Walnut Ridge this afternoon.
Sunny and warm
Temp - 77
Wind - um...very windy...extremely windy

There were folks playing the entire time. Busy but not crowded at all. The way this course is spread out would make it very hard to be crowded.

Did I mention it was windy?

Three of us played 6 holes until the fourth showed up, then we started over. The first nine holes were uneventful...sorta...the wind took a few shots where they weren't expected but you have to expect that when it's so windy. We had some troubles with trees until we got to 13, and thats where our trouble started. First off, we only had one beer left by then so we flipped for it (I didn't win). The sad thing is we thought we had two. I'm glad we came up with something to determine who got it cause I'm pretty sure there would have been a fight otherwise.

Any way, the next four holes, each of us had a complete meltdown, game wise. 8's and 9's; shot so deep in the woods you thought you may need to call in search and rescue. One would recover his game and another would lose it. I think on 18 we were all going through the motions and trying just to finish the round.

When I got home my wife asked me how my day was...I told her I felt like I had been in a fight...she said, 'I thought you went golfing'...

I can't wait to do it again but I know we'll have to bring more beer...

Did I mention it was windy?
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Return to Des Moines (Johnston) - Walnut Ridge Recreation Area