Learn to throw from local experts.

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Oh yeha, and switch out your DG bag for one of these:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___70005

:lol: :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby karma27895 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:42 am

AO wrote:Umbrella and bring multiple towels in a ziplock bag. Use one main towel to wipe of the mud and then keep one dry towel to go over the disc after wiping off the mud. I bring two pairs of gortex shoes, one for each round. I don't like seal skins because they are hot as hell, there bulky, and keeping feet completely dry tough to do and isn't that a big of a deal for me. If it is pouring the course conditions will be bad and you will probably get soaked and messy anyway. If it is warm I don't even wear a rain coat because imo the coat is one more restriction in shitty conditions.

As for throwing....I try to slow down and take less steps. I also use less stable plastic because I won't be throwing as hard, following through is tough with slick pads, and less stability will get me more distance. I will throw side arm too. This allows me to stand still on the tee pad and I feel like I get better grip and more control with the disc.
then it shall be done i think that was one of my major problems i didnt slow down on the tees and they were wet as hell thanks a great deal
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby Nohr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 am

Someone mentioned birdie bags to help with grip. You can pretty much stop in any bowling alley and get some powder ball/bag which will remove the moisture from your hands really well. I use one for bowling and I plan on moving it from my bowling bag to my disc bag.
Nohr

Postby AO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Nohr wrote:Someone mentioned birdie bags to help with grip. You can pretty much stop in any bowling alley and get some powder ball/bag which will remove the moisture from your hands really well. I use one for bowling and I plan on moving it from my bowling bag to my disc bag.

only if they stay dry
AO

Postby Single L » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 pm

One thing I do is throw more stable to understable plastic. When it is raining I tend to get less snap and power due to poor footing, wet hands, etc.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 pm

porkchop wrote:One thing I do is throw more stable to understable plastic. When it is raining I tend to get less snap and power due to poor footing, wet hands, etc.
Wouldnt you only throw less stable plastic then? if you are getting less snap and power throwing a more overstable disc would just give you way to much of a hyzer, right?
SARG27044

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
porkchop wrote:One thing I do is throw more stable to understable plastic. When it is raining I tend to get less snap and power due to poor footing, wet hands, etc.
Wouldnt you only throw less stable plastic then? if you are getting less snap and power throwing a more overstable disc would just give you way to much of a hyzer, right?

he said stable, not overstable.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby ghstinshll » Wed May 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Heads up: I got a sweet North Face jacket c/o the fine folks @ Scheels (Brenda & Joel) . Got a Venture jacket. it's the 2.5 layer, lightweight, stays off your skin, wicks from the inside, keeps the rain out, and was a very comfortable jacket tonight @ Norwalk league in the rain.

Highly recommend it. Had a molded hood (not the hidden kind), and zip-pits as well.

http://www.scheelssports.com/webapp/wcs ... ategoryId=
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby nrapp41 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

If I know for sure that is is gonna rain, I'll have plenty of extra towels in plastic ziplock bags. Aslo, if I am familiar with a course and know that I will be using a couple of discs no more than once or twice I will keep them in a plastic bag as well.
Additionally, something I like to do when it stops raining and its still tough to get my hands and discs completely dry, I fan my disc in one hand and open my throwing hand and fan it as well until they both get dried off.
Slow your approach and maybe bend your knees some more to compensate for lessened speed/power.
nrapp41

Rain Golf

Postby DLCdisc » Wed May 27, 2009 10:34 am

I have got to play more rain golf this year that I ever have and one little addition to the arsenal has really helped. SHAM-WOW. I realize the spokesman is a hooker bashing flake, but that little puppy does the trick. I use a regular towel (even if it is wet) to wipe off mud and debris and then I dry it off with the SHAM-WOW. It absorbs a ton, it can be wrung out, and if it is just a little wet, you can whip it around in the air and it dries quickly. The $19.96 kit at Wally-World has four big ones and four little ones. The little one fits perfectly in the bag.
DLCdisc

Postby ghstinshll » Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 am

Innova has a Shammy this year as well... :lol: (for those who want to avoid the hooker-bashing stigma)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby irban » Wed May 27, 2009 11:09 am

Microfiber towels work really well too. They dry out quickly, plus they dry, even when they're wet.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Cydisc » Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 am

MDR_3000 wrote:he said stable, not overstable.

Right. "More stable" does not mean the same thing as "overstable". Get it right, people.
Cydisc

Postby GDL17921 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Cydisc wrote:
MDR_3000 wrote:he said stable, not overstable.

Right. "More stable" does not mean the same thing as "overstable". Get it right, people.

LOL, I quit 'splainin this to people like 5 years ago. I'd say the majority of disc golfers today think that "more stable" means "overstable". It's a pet peeve of mine that I had to just let go. :lol:
GDL17921

Previous

Return to Throwing Technique