Permanent Bulliten Board

Moderator: calvarycoffee

Permanent Bulliten Board

Postby calvarycoffee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:36 pm

It looks like things are progressing to get a permanent bulliten board for east park.

the parks dept is checking it out. they've priced it around $800 for the roofed bulliten board. of course the concrete will be extra.

any donations? :wink:
calvarycoffee

Re: Permanent Bulliten Board

Postby Peil » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 pm

I think this is a great idea. One idea might be to sell ad space on the new bulletin board. I would guess that Rusty's might be interested and I'm sure you can come up with others to pay for the majority of the board. You might be able to get the concrete donated in return for an ad on the board too. It doesn't seem like the Parks & Rec Dept. has put much money into the disc golf program for the past few years. I would think that they could send some of the money your way.
Peil

Postby calvarycoffee » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:29 pm

yeah, i think rusty would help out. i don't think the parks dept has ever budgeted money for discgolf. if you happen to notice the baskets at east park, they all have different donor names on each basket.

if i could cough up the cash, i'd get my name on that bulliten board. hehe

--

i just got word today that the park will be putting lime fill around all the baskets this spring. i'm not sure what that is, but i'm pressuming that it will take care of the mud problem.

dave
calvarycoffee

Postby Peil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:34 pm

I have noticed that all the baskets at East Park have sponsor names on them. I would assume that the Parks & Rec. helped with the concrete tee pads at least (which are very nice btw). I would assume that the lime fill will help with the mud problem. I think I have seen wood chips used but I'm not sure about lime fill. I would love to be able to donate to the bulletin board too. Maybe you/we could hold some sort of fundraiser tournament with the money going towards the new bulletin board.
Peil

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:01 pm

i'll have to find out exactly what "lime fill" is.

my concern is that it will be hard like contrete. which means our CTP and long drive markers won't stick in the ground.

I'll have to check with penny on that.

dave
calvarycoffee

Postby Peil » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:21 pm

calvarycoffee wrote:my concern is that it will be hard like contrete.

It could also cause discs to skip further from the basket or possible damage the discs if it is too rocky or hard.
Peil

Return to Mason City - East Park