The McKinley Park Course Is Ready!

Moderator: matt_m

The McKinley Park Course Is Ready!

Postby matt_m » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:15 am

Hello all,

We're finally ready to invite the outside world to play our new course! Special thanks to Jim Street and Michael Mark who spearheaded the project, and to all the volunteers and donors who helped make it happen.

Location: McKinley Park, Creston Iowa. Driving directions here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mckinley+park,+creston+iowa

Stats: 18 holes, 5126 feet for the "A's" , 5804 feet for the "B's" (currently all targets are in their "A" locations), concrete tee pads, Innova Discatcher Pro targets. All holes are par 3, all streets and parking lots are out of bounds as are the basketball courts near hole 8. Restrooms are centrally located (near the #1 & #10 tee pads), drinking fountains are near #1 & #15 tee pads.

Terrain: This is a deceptively open-looking course at first glance - but there are enough trees, hills, and windy lakeside shots to add a LOT of technical challenge. The huge ponderosa pines and numerous spruce trees are unique and challenging obstacles to play around, creating several tough tunnel-shot drives and defending many of the targets. The terrain and lake-views also make this one of the prettiest city parks in Iowa, in my humble opinion.

Course Map & Scorecard: available here: http://www.greaterregional.org/workfiles/mckinley_map_score_card.pdf

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you need somebody to show you around.

Matt

641- two zero two - 4099

mlmccutchan /at/ gmail /dot/ com
matt_m

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:30 pm

Looks good, can't wait!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:56 pm

Sounds like another Road Trip. Great Park, I use to metal detect it.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby regularjoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:00 pm

That is awesome. Another reason I can't wait to get back to Iowa.
Last edited by regularjoe on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
regularjoe

Postby Schirm » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 am

Melvins 420?
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Return to Creston Disc Golf Club