Course Map

Course Map

Postby periferalFinn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 am

Thinking about hitting this course later this month on a Southern MN/Northern IA tour. I can't seem to find a course map area. Normally wouldn't be a big deal but reviews over on dgcr make it sound like navigation is a challenge. So, is there a course map? Or at least a write up somewhere that can walk some out of towners through the course?
periferalFinn

Postby Dale Jordal » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 pm

For the most part I think it is intuitive, they may have a couple spots that may not be obvious, but it should not be too bad. I don't remember it there is sign with a map on it out there or not.

They have most is not all there tee pads in now and they have nice 4x4 posts with bright white vinly wrappers over them so the tee posts are real easy to see.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby periferalFinn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks Dale. Nice to know that they have the tee pads in and that there are posts to help confirm we're on the right path.

We plan to hit a shorter course to warm up after we spend a night at Diamond Jo's and head back up to Oak Island and Bancroft Bay for the afternoon.
periferalFinn

Postby Dale Jordal » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Looks like a full weekend ... but if you have time ... the Forest City Disc Golf Course is a half hour or less drive from Diamond Joes.... if you have time to hit yet another disc golf course. I do have a map:)
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby periferalFinn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks Dale, we actually hit Forest City on a whim in the Spring of 2011 when we did a trip to the Ames area. Ended up playing 2.5 rounds there we liked it so much. The front 9 was an absolute treat.

Ends up that we had our trip derailed by some festival in Albert Lea this coming weekend so we're now doing Northwood/Todd on Saturday and then Maiden Shade in MN on Sunday. Thanks again for the help. This site has been awesome for us when we end up venturing into your state for DG (which has become quite often).
periferalFinn

Return to Northwood - Swensrud Park