You got questions? Someone probably has the answer

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

What if it is 50.4?

You can still see the formula from Steve's by clicking on the cell. It will show the formula above, you just can't change it. I've wanted that password for awhile as well
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby grodney » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 am

Grimm wrote:What if it is 50.4?

Both formulas (formulae?) give the same answer for 50.4.
grodney

Postby grodney » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:Image

This one's for MDR, and it is nearly perfect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hlz7y_llb4
grodney

Re:

Postby irban » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 pm

grodney wrote:Formulas that were backward engineered from tourney results are here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... y=CIeS3LcH

Note that there are 2 formulas -- use one if the SSA is below 50.4, use the other if it is above 50.4.

Let me know if questions.

Ok, finally getting around to messing with this since BW starts in 2 days. One thing, Steve has been entering all scores into a sheet to calc course SSA, which is then used to calc the player rating. So the SSA calcs and adjusts based on that nights scores. It would be a lot easier to just use a default SSA for each course, to calc the player rating based on course played and score only. Do you think the net result would be radically different? I can likely figure out a way to do the dynamic course SSA calc, but I think it will mean making a bunch of copies of the ratings template. Unless I can see what the course SSA calc looks like, might be able to do it on the fly.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Re: You got questions? Someone probably has the answer

Postby grodney » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, I would use a static SSA. The end result won't be much different.

Obviously, different layouts (long tees, short tees, long pins, short pins) have different SSAs. But each can have its own static SSA.

If he has a bunch of weekly SSAs from years past, just average those or something. Per config.

You're only forced to use a dynamic SSA every week if you're jostling around individual tees and pins.
grodney

Postby irban » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Yes, and for that matter if he wants to adjust the SSA, he can do a manual calc and change it in the course/config table. Or even add new course/layout entries with different SSA. Thanks!
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Re:

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

grodney wrote:
MDR_3000 wrote:Image

This one's for MDR, and it is nearly perfect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hlz7y_llb4

That's awesome...how did I miss that?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby 10up » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 pm

anybody played any frisbee around Santa Barbara, CA? I'll have a chance to get out this weekend.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby HeavyMetal84 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 am

Why can't I view the QC Disc Golf forum?
HeavyMetal84

Postby irban » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 am

HeavyMetal84 wrote:Why can't I view the QC Disc Golf forum?

Possibly this....

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby irban » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Whirlwind trip to Colorado to camp and climb a mountain I visited in high school. Possibly will have some time on the way back. 10up or anyone, what is a good less than one day thing to do between Dillon and Denver CO? We thought about rafting, but maybe something quicker. Cool thing to see, or do in a half day perhaps. We'll be hiking and camping 2 nights, so something slightly different. My whole family, plus one boyfriend are coming.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby 10up » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

I mean... it will really be dependent upon where you're at exactly. Once you're into the front-range it can be pretty tough to stray too far North or South without going quite a ways out of the way.

That being said, you'll be "close" to everything. You should think about hitting up Conifer. Grant or Tyler can tell you about it. Great course. They've done a lot of work out there too, its a lot nicer than it ever has been. Your family could see the sites and do the zip-line tour while we tackle the course. Just an idea. Dillon is really just the cusp of the I-70 corridor so it wouldn't be that hard to head a few minutes back east and do any of the variety of front range activities available. Red Rocks is cool to see, regardless of whether there is a concert or not. Golden is a nice town and you can float clear creek for pretty cheap and fun. But it is Colorado.. There sometimes isn't anything better than finding a cool trailhead and hiking the summit.. wherever you are it will be a good trip.

Feel free to get in touch while you're here brother.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby irban » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 am

Probably not coming now. Can't afford it.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby irban » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:23 am

Looking for 2' x 4' or larger sheet of flattened expanded aluminum, 1/2" size. I can get a 4 x 8 sheet from state steel for $88, but it is 3/4", bigger than I want. I can also order online, but ends up being pretty expensive with shipping. Anyone know of a place around Des Moines who might have some of this? Home stores have small sheets in steel, too heavy. I've looked at some farm and ranch stores, etc. but no luck.

~~~- ¥
irban

Postby irban » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Where can I get a cheap large pot, like turkey frying pots you guys use for brewing? I'm going to do some home anodizing, and need a large container to boil water in, to dip my part in to seal the dye. I'm only going to do this a few times, so don't want to spend a lot on a nice one. Even beaten and used is fine. I don't want to borrow one; I'm not using this for any of the caustic parts of the process, but just in case, I'd hate to ruin it.

edit: Probable a big metal bucket with flat bottom would be better anyway. Maybe I'll try that.
~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff