Course Development

Course Development

Postby cgkdisc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:12 am

We're halfway through fundraising for the new course in Okoboji. Here's the link for donations including a draft map of the proposed course layout.

http://dickinsoncountyconservationboard ... lf-course/

I'll be doing final routing along with marking tees and pins May 22-23 for those in the area who are interested. They should have some or all of the baskets available by then to start installation. Should be throwable sometime the following week weather permitting timely installation. Concrete pads coming later this summer once the design has been tested and any design adjustments made.
cgkdisc

Re: Course Development

Postby cgkdisc » Sat May 25, 2013 9:59 am

The 18-hole Gold & White tee layouts and marking was completed over the past two days with the help of Steve West and Rich Hart. The Mach 3 baskets should arrive next week but won't be installed until the site is prepared. That includes clearing some small trees and brush, installing the temporary tee boards, getting tee signs prepared and installed, and fully mowing the property. Baskets should go in before July 4th with best possibility by mid-June. Once I get the map updated and distances tabulated, I'll get that posted.
cgkdisc

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 pm

cant wait chuck
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby cgkdisc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Tee boards and baskets are now in. I'll get a map and course listing posted in the next day or so.
cgkdisc

Postby cgkdisc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Those involved with getting course installed are now out there playing. Worth checking out if you're heading toward Okoboji any time soon.
Here's the DGCR listing: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6290 Print out a map to help get around until better signs go up.

Mowing still needs to be better but it will get there after another pass or two. Hole info will be Sharpied on the posts for the time being until better signs are made. Here's your chance to comment regarding any design tweaks we may want to make before concrete pads either later this year or next spring.
cgkdisc

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Grand Opening on August 3rd. New Hall of Famer, Jim Challas, will be running some clinics at 9, 11 & 1. Played the course yesterday and it's still a little rough. Sending suggestions to the Park Dept for wider mowing and some trimming before August. More signage coming soon.
cgkdisc

Return to Okoboji - Kenue Park