Tern

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Re: Tern

Postby irban » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:29 am

Some discs have a larger "sweet spot" you might say, where poorer quality throws can still turn out ok. My consistency is terrible, so I notice this a lot with some discs, that others players have no problem throwing. Also, to Tylers point, everyone has different strengths and skills that align or dis-align with the characteristics of the disc. That said, I've been pretty consistent with the Tern, and have had some really good throws. Only once did it do something way out of what I expected. I think it does better with wider more sweeping flight paths, both hyzer and anhyzer. Not as good for tight tunnels, or especially bad for low ceiliings as you would expect. (this is coming from someone who can't snap a hyzer very well, so maybe take it with a grain of salt)
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby iowapat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:13 pm

The green metal flake I picked up from Chase today flips to flat from hyzer and gets a nice right to left when thrown flat

I may just have to get another one
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby irban » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:10 am

The ideal Tern shot for the way I throw it is Ewing 8 (and Colfax 18.) Which kind of syncs with Clue's first post on the topic. Just throwin' that out there.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I may just have to try one, since my nicely aged dyed archon is gone :-(
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
KePP wrote:
Clue wrote:I think I top out around 60mph. At that speed the disc will turn, but short of that it'll be pretty overstable.

Isn't the snap/spin what makes the disc turn (gyroscopic effect), not arm speed? I would think faster arm speed would result in a lower ratio of spin resulting in less flip.

no, the spin keeps the disc stable. if spin turned a disc over you couldn't spin a disc on your finger.

I believe what makes a disc turn is when the RPMs and MPHs aren't in balance...or some shit like that. I'm too dumb to explain it in writing.

The spin of the disc maintains the airfoil balance of the throw. When the spin is balanced to the weight of the outside rim (take that with a grain of salt its way more complicated than that) it allows it to maintain a near perfect airfoil which is only dragged down my gravity which then destroys the "perfect" air foil and makes the energy transfer slowly less and less efficient. I hate doing posts like this on my phone...
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:13 pm

So...had a chance to finally throw my Star Tern a bit today out at Pickard. I'd say that the numbers on the Star seem to fit. Definitely less stable than the Champ's. Pretty good bomber disc, for those that don't have MBD type of power(Or MDR power for that matter).
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:04 pm

well i dont quite have neither of those powers i can throw mine very far with alot of arm speed it is a metal flake max weight i love it thx . nice titties joe :mrgreen:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Detra319 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:34 am

SARG27044 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
Clue wrote: The point I was making was how extreme the difference is with marginally subtle variables. This one happens to be a little extreme at times.

This is what we are trying to get at here.

But here is the thing...nobody on this forum can throw the exact same shot over and over. Arm speed, snap,and angle of release will vary every time. So several subtle variations won't be so subtle when they're all added together.

you nailed it...the discs ability to accept speed and its tipping point is what matters. Next is its ability to handle that speed and its sweet spot...all discs are different
Detra319

Postby The Donator » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Detra319 wrote:you nailed it...the discs ability to accept speed and its tipping point is what matters. Next is its ability to handle that speed and its sweet spot...all discs are different

Can you teach me how to play disc golf?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby KePP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:27 am

The Crank is what I had wanted the Tern to be.
KePP

Postby Detra319 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:57 pm

The Donator wrote:
Detra319 wrote:you nailed it...the discs ability to accept speed and its tipping point is what matters. Next is its ability to handle that speed and its sweet spot...all discs are different

Can you teach me how to play disc golf?

No one can teach u aaron not even me...
Detra319

Previous

Return to Innova