2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: 2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

Postby Innis » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Scott Innis, 2635, Pro Gr. Master, XL.
I do have a converted Mach 1, ya I know most of you youngsters do not know what that is, that I can bring if needed.
Innis

Postby JaceL54008 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Jace Leanhart #54008 Adv. Ace fund, XL shirt. Jordan Leanhart #26859 Adv. Ace fund, L shirt. Jay Leanhart Adv.GrandM, Ace fund, XL shirt. See you all there! 8)
JaceL54008

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:55 pm

NICE!!! Keep em coming. That puts it at 45 so far. Couple of questions to throw out there:

1. If anyone else wants a hooded sweatshirt for only $20, let me know today or tomorrow? I am going to order what is committed and a few extra so I don't get stuck on them, but its a heck of a deal you don't want to miss.

2. Are there any other pro-grandmasters that are going to play? (How bout it Doug?) I have two so far. I have trophies for pro masters but not pro grandmasters. If I get a third soon enough I will get one made. Just let me know.
DLCdisc

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:duden xl shirt ace fund

Man, now I think I have to come out of retirement for this....
Tyler Sarg 27044, ace, LG shirt

give me a golf cart its on
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:duden xl shirt ace fund

Man, now I think I have to come out of retirement for this....
Tyler Sarg 27044, ace, LG shirt

give me a golf cart its on

lol we should probably drive separate. I'm gonna leave fast when I realize I'm a stroke outta cash.
SARG27044

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't want to start any trash talking here, but Duden I finished making "your" first place trophy today :mrgreen: . Hope nobody takes you calling out the win personally. Jay I almost have yours done for pro masters 8) .
DLCdisc

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

lol i would be shocked with a first place finish . i do have alot of fun on that course tho .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Up to 48 registrations now. A few more and I can put the shirt order in. Remember, if you want a hoodie for $20 let me know right away as that will get ordered at the same time.

Although I have been taking registrations without cash in hand so that I could get the 50 shirts accurate, it will save me a lot of time and hassle that morning if you still go ahead and pay either by mail or catch up with me somewhere. Unfortunately, my schedule is not going to allow me to make another event before the showdown and that eliminates one option. Also, the morning of the event needs to be cash only. I do not have the means to run and cash a check that day and in order to do payouts properly the cash needs to be on-hand. Ultimately someone will show up with a check that morning and we will work it out, but I am putting it out there ahead of time to remind people.
DLCdisc

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Matt Fausch No Ace fund Large shirt
discgolfduval

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 pm

discgolfduval wrote:Matt Fausch No Ace fund Large shirt

You already paid me man. Of course I have you down. However, if you have $35 burnin a hole in your pocket, just say the word and I will order you a hoodie and a six pack :mrgreen: .
DLCdisc

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 pm

I updated the basket list on the previous page. Just a few more and we have the 20 needed to be safe.

Still need a couple more registrations to hit the 50 mark tonight. I am putting in the shirt order tomorrow. Same goes for the hoodies----if you want one let me know.
DLCdisc

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 pm

OK folks. No disrespect to any remaining events between now and then, but I am in countdown mode and have Showdown on the brain. Here are some updates:

1. Sponsorship and donations are about 95% complete. I am simply following up on several and taking in last minute contributions. I will tally it up later, but I would say we have well in excess of $2000 added cash and prizes into the event.

2. Still need a couple of baskets to be at the goal of 20 on hand. Please check the list on the earlier post. If you are on there and cannot come or provide a basket, let me know. If you are not on there and can bring a solid basket, let me know that as well.

3. We made the mark on 50 registrations and the shirts are being worked on as we speak. I also ordered the hoodies (the ones committed plus a couple extra to sell for $20)

4. Player packs (especially the first 50 with the shirts), should be solid too. I have not finished gathering everything for them yet. Considering all of the stuff that goes into the player packs is either directly donated or purchased with gift card at the donating retailer, I am curious what things people would like to see in the packs. With the limited amount of fundage (none coming from the payout), there have been things like snacks, drinks, and so on in there. If there is anything along those lines (affordable) that I have been leaving out, let me know and I will see what I can do.

5. We are set up for the awards. Last year we were crammed into the party room and spilled over into the main area. This year we are back out front with the stage and they are looking forward to it once again.

6. Plaques are coming along nicely. Hand-made and donated by me as they have been for the last five years. They are fairly similar to last years as my efforts to keep them bigger and better every year ran into a little creative block :| . Pretty cool if I don't say so myself :mrgreen: .

7. The more registrations I get on the front side, the easier it will be that morning. If you plan to pay with a check, please get that in the mail as I want to have full access to event cash the day of the event. We are on track to have enough to open each division so far (except maybe pro grandmasters needs 1 more). Same deal as before -- if you plan to be there and haven't already gotten me your information, get that to me and I will get you on the list. If the event gets as many players as it has the two previous years, money in hand will be the determining factor on getting in. Don't sleep in too late :roll: .

Any questions let me know. Back to work for me.

Later,
Damon
DLCdisc

Postby Marcovis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

I'll have my skill shot in my car if you need it Damon.
Marcovis

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Lets hope that won't be necessary, but thanks. Those baskets do surprisingly well.
DLCdisc

Postby JBOCK » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm

In, I take a hoodie if available (XL) ... I got 2 baskets if needed.. Jason Bock
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments