OK folks. No disrespect to any remaining events between now and then, but I am in countdown mode and have Showdown on the brain. Here are some updates:
1. Sponsorship and donations are about 95% complete. I am simply following up on several and taking in last minute contributions. I will tally it up later, but I would say we have well in excess of $2000 added cash and prizes into the event.
2. Still need a couple of baskets to be at the goal of 20 on hand. Please check the list on the earlier post. If you are on there and cannot come or provide a basket, let me know. If you are not on there and can bring a solid basket, let me know that as well.
3. We made the mark on 50 registrations and the shirts are being worked on as we speak. I also ordered the hoodies (the ones committed plus a couple extra to sell for $20)
4. Player packs (especially the first 50 with the shirts), should be solid too. I have not finished gathering everything for them yet. Considering all of the stuff that goes into the player packs is either directly donated or purchased with gift card at the donating retailer, I am curious what things people would like to see in the packs. With the limited amount of fundage (none coming from the payout), there have been things like snacks, drinks, and so on in there. If there is anything along those lines (affordable) that I have been leaving out, let me know and I will see what I can do.
5. We are set up for the awards. Last year we were crammed into the party room and spilled over into the main area. This year we are back out front with the stage and they are looking forward to it once again.
6. Plaques are coming along nicely. Hand-made and donated by me as they have been for the last five years. They are fairly similar to last years as my efforts to keep them bigger and better every year ran into a little creative block
. Pretty cool if I don't say so myself
7. The more registrations I get on the front side, the easier it will be that morning. If you plan to pay with a check, please get that in the mail as I want to have full access to event cash the day of the event. We are on track to have enough to open each division so far (except maybe pro grandmasters needs 1 more). Same deal as before -- if you plan to be there and haven't already gotten me your information, get that to me and I will get you on the list. If the event gets as many players as it has the two previous years, money in hand will be the determining factor on getting in. Don't sleep in too late
Any questions let me know. Back to work for me.