Good News / Bad News

Good News / Bad News

Postby Eberbach » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

The Grinnell College course is still out of commission because of the work being done at the college. Six holes are playable, but because of lack of signage and tee pads, it was not a 'must stop and play' course on your way by on I-80. The good news is that we have approval for a new course at a under-utilized city park. We will put the first nine holes in this Spring and if all goes well, an additional nine will go in later. We'll will keep you posted, so folks can take a break on the drive by.
Eberbach

Postby Cydisc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Need some help with the design?
Cydisc

Postby Eberbach » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Initial design has been done, but we welcome fresh eyes to take a look. Jarin Stoker is assisting as well (in case you know him). We will be doing walk thrus once the snow melts to determine final design (and final city blessing). We can let you know if your interested. Thanks for your interest!
Eberbach

Postby Detra319 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Any news about this?
Detra319

Postby Eberbach » Tue May 12, 2009 9:54 pm

We poured the first nine pads on Saturday and popped the forms off Sunday and last night. They look great. The baskets (first nine) are to be delivered tomorrow, although with the rain, we'll have to wait to put them in. We augered the holes over the weekend as well, so it should be fairly easy to drop the sleeves and get them leveled. We hope to have it playable by Memorial day weekend (although the signs will come later in the summer.

Also, the college has agreed to give us the baskets from the college course which has been partially removed due to construction. Once we get the final blessing from the P&R dep't, we'll move ahead with the back nine fairly quickly.
Eberbach

Postby Kevin Bills » Wed May 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Def. looking forward to playing this course. i pass Grinnell all the time on my way back to my home town.
Kevin Bills

Return to Grinnell - Grinnell College Course